Really considering no longer eating chicken and red meat

thighhighboots
on 9/2/15 6:59 am - mableton, GA
RNY on 01/28/15

Hello

I need a little help if possible.....I am no longer having the taste for chicken and red meat anymore. Funny thing is I like Boca products. Wanting to know if I continue with fish and seafood but switch red meat and chicken to Boca products will I continue with my weight loss. I see that there is just as much if not more protein per serving. Please all positive suggestions are appreciated.

Thigh High Boots

Don't give up on you, press on until you reach the finish line!

Maria27
on 9/2/15 7:26 am - Chicago, IL
RNY on 03/17/15

The question is not how much protein per serving. It is how many calories per gram of protein. More calories equals less weight loss. I assume boca products are made from soy. Soy is going to have a lot more carbs and calories than meat. Plus processed soy is not something anyone should eat on a regular basis due to its high levels of a chemical that mimics estrogen.

Height: 5'5" HW: 290 Consultation Weight: 276 SW: 257 CW: 132

gbsinsatx
on 9/2/15 7:31 am - San Antonio, TX

I am a Lacto-Ovo Vegetarian. I eat at least 60-100 grams of protein a day. I eat dairy products (cheese, yogurt) and I occasionally eat eggs. I eat simple carbohydate fruit. I eat complex carbohydrate beans, vegetables and whole grains. Please see my profile page if interested.

Age at RNY: 55, Height: 5'4", Consultation Weight: 331 lbs-12/1/2009, RNY Surgery Weight: 281 lbs-3/22/2010, Goal Weight Reached: 141 lbs-6/23/2011, Lowest Weight: 126 lbs-12/11/2011

Current Age: 61, Current Weight: 161 lbs-5/20/2016Total Weight Loss Maintained: 170 lbs  

White Dove
on 9/2/15 7:40 am - Warren, OH

Your weight loss will be slower now whatever you eat.  As long as you are getting your protein the Boca products should be fine.

As for long term use of soy, you do want to research that.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

(deactivated member)
on 9/2/15 8:15 am

I eat very little soy because I still have to take estrogen blockers .  There are other forms of vegetarian entrees out there though- made from almond milk, amaranth,  quinoa etc. 

I'm what you would call a semi vegetarian... sometimes I simply skeeve meat and even fish .  I don't like full fat anything so I eat a lot of low fat almond milk cheese potatoes, rice and beans and other grains.  Sometimes nut butters on bread.  It doesn't make me fat but then again I eat only a little and run a lot ... (((()))) good luck

thighhighboots
on 9/3/15 5:56 am - mableton, GA
RNY on 01/28/15

Thank you for the suggestions, I will look into them.

Thigh High Boots

lynnc99
on 9/2/15 3:36 pm

Jus****ch the carbs carefully, along with your total calorie intake required to get in your protein requirement. 

thighhighboots
on 9/3/15 6:03 am - mableton, GA
RNY on 01/28/15

Its funny, some people think this is a way to lose weight. I have been feeling this way before surgery, I just knew that I needed the protein content and I tried the Boca products. I agree that my weight loss is slower now but know that I am still losing. I asked for positive feed back only please from people who may have stopped eating red meat and chicken. If you can't relate please keep your opinions to yourself.

Thigh High Boots

Grim_Traveller
on 9/3/15 6:48 am
RNY on 08/21/12

People were really just trying to help.

Giving up red meat and chicken is certainly doable. But I would encourage you to look at healthier options than Boca products. They are a nightmare from a chemical factory. Here is the ingredient list from their "original" burger:

Ingredients: WATER, SOY PROTEIN CONCENTRATE, WHEAT GLUTEN, CONTAINS LESS THAN 2% OF METHYLCELLULOSE, SALT, CARAMEL COLOR, DRIED ONIONS, YEAST EXTRACT, SESAME OIL, HYDROLYZED WHEAT PROTEIN, NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR (NON-MEAT), DISODIUM GUANYLATE, DISODIUM INOSINATE. CONTAINS: SOY, WHEAT, SESAME.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Oxford Comma Hag
on 9/3/15 7:11 am
On September 3, 2015 at 6:03 AM Pacific Time, thighhighboots wrote:

Its funny, some people think this is a way to lose weight. I have been feeling this way before surgery, I just knew that I needed the protein content and I tried the Boca products. I agree that my weight loss is slower now but know that I am still losing. I asked for positive feed back only please from people who may have stopped eating red meat and chicken. If you can't relate please keep your opinions to yourself.

Why ask for opinions then tell people not to comment? No one was rude to you. 

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 533 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 519 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 402 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 258 views