Revision from Sleeve to RNY... Your experience stories are needed!

JuucyOne
on 9/16/15 8:29 am, edited 9/16/15 8:31 am - Chicago, IL
VSG on 02/04/13

So, I had the sleeve a few years ago and it has worked well. My weight has pretty much stayed the same +/- 10 pounds. My doctor originally suggested the bypass (with me being a heavier patient) but I wasn't trying to hear it. Now, still with 100+ pounds to lose, I want to go for the revision to bypass. I initially wanted to revise to DS but my doctor said I would have more issues with it, not sure if that's due to my medical history or the surgery stats. The insurance letter has gone out and now the waiting game.

I'd LOVE to hear your thoughts on revising to the RNY: the good, not so good, and the bad. Would you do it again? Would you choose a different surgery to revise to? I want to hear from you!

Many thanks!!! 

HW: 397 SW: 370 CW: 285

goodtagosoloo
on 9/19/15 7:36 am
RNY on 08/25/15

Hi there. I may be able to help you somewhat with some of your questions. I am a recent sleeve to RNY patient. I will hit you up in your inbox so we can have a private discussion when you are ready. You can ask me anything there and hopefully others will eventually chime in as well. I didnt find many people at all that had gone from sleeve to RNY before I had the surgery so I can understand why you would like to speak with someone before you go thru with it.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 483 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 442 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 451 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 394 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 110 views
Forum Search Error & 404