What's On Your Tuesday Menu, RNYers?

AngryViking
on 9/15/15 5:09 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Good Morning!  Ya'll, it was 45 degrees when I left for work.  Forty.  Five.  Unacceptable!!  It's supposed to be really nice later today (and actually through the weekend) but I was not happy walking the dog this morning.  I always say I'm all about the fall, but maybe I'm all about the fall from inside the house.  LOL

More baseball tonight, so my menu is all weird and may or may not end up being what I actually am going to eat.  But, I'm a do-bee so I'm logging my tentative plan.

Time since surgery:  1 year, 2 months

B:  coffee and a Click Mocha during my department meeting that starts in 20 minutes.  All this caffeine may be a mistake.  LOL

S:  pistachio Thin Addictives w/Laughing Cow

L:  Buffalo chicken salad on 34 degree crackers with a couple celery sticks and a Cabot cheese snack

D:  big ol' salad with deli ham and turkey

TOTALS:  Cals:  769  Protein:  79  Carbs:  57  Fat:  26

This is a terrible menu.  LOL  There will be changes. 

Dcgirl
on 9/15/15 5:41 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Hi Kristen!  I think 45 sounds delicious ha ha.  It was about 60 when I left the house at 6 am today (!) to go try spin class with a friend of mine.  I love the cooler weather.  It's gorgeous here in DC all week.

I am posting a picture from last night - I am obsessed with this workout here in the city called SolidCore.  It's about $30 a class, and you work on these Pilates Reformer type machines and it's core, arms and legs.  It's 50 minutes with bumping music and a coach with a mic and about 12 students max and WOW it's a butt kicker!  Some days I just can't believe my new life of doing exercise!  I think back to my old couch potato self and I am so grateful that I took the step to have RNY.

Side note - this picture gets me even MORE excited for my arm lift in a month!!!

So my menu is totally delicious today.

Time Since Surgery: 21 months

B: 1 hard boiled egg, 1 oz havarti, 5 small peppers from the olive bar (after my large iced coffee)

L: homemade ceviche - yellowtail, jalapeno, avocado, green onion, lime, soy sauce

S: Tortilla chips and guacamole

D: Salmon patty, mango

E: I did 45 minutes of spin this morning (for the first time!  I hated it while I did it, but loved it once it was over) and tonight I am doing a 20 minute kettle bell class and a barre class with a friend...big day of exercise :)

Totals are around 1500 calories, 85 protein, 75 carbs

Have a great day, all!

melissasue1982
on 9/15/15 6:17 am
RNY on 04/06/15

Your awesome gym workouts make me want to sell my kids so I can actually join a gym!!! Hahahaha  Because you know, selling the kids would give me TIME and MONEY to do something like that!! HAHAHA

Man, I am a horrible mother! lol My Mother of the Year award should be here any time now

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

Dcgirl
on 9/15/15 6:26 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

OMG I am so grateful that I only have to take care of myself!  Shopping and cooking healthfully, spending at least an hour a day to work out, paying for the gym and additional classes, not to mention my plastic surgeries...none would have been possible if I had dependents.  You are not a horrible mother - everyone deserves to spend time and money on themselves, if it's possible to do without neglecting the little ones lol.  I know you have a lot of responsibilities but hopefully you can find time for the mental stuff that you need (whether it's a nap or a walk or a bike ride).  I have many friends with young kids and they always come last :(

melissasue1982
on 9/15/15 6:34 am
RNY on 04/06/15

Yeah I have 2 teenage daughters, a 4 year old boy, and a 2 year old boy!  LOL  Ummmm me time is when I get to fold laundry by myself! HAHAHA  Good times ;)

I normally try and drop the boys off at daycare early so I can get a walk in or some kind of a home workout in before work.  Sometimes get to go after work with the boys in the stroller also.  If I was to go to the gym it would have to be planet fitness for $10 (no classes or anything) and it would be after the boys go to bed....and honestly...I like to actually sleep at night...sooo yeah probably not going to happen ;)

BUT I love my family, and wouldn't trade the little buggers for anything.  Just sometimes it is hard .....

Sarah M.
on 9/15/15 8:29 am

I think as moms we should be able to say that more "sometimes it is hard". I finally stopped looking at pinterest because my house, kids, life, meals was never going to look like that....ever. It is hard being a mom but like you said I wouldn't trade it for anything! 

melissasue1982
on 9/15/15 8:31 am
RNY on 04/06/15

It IS hard!!  I am a pinterest junkie though!  I do all my meal planning on there!  lol 

peachpie
on 9/15/15 10:35 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

I only have two, but know that for years, while I *wanted* to do something with my weight, I wouldn't allow my self to 'steal' time from my kids. My surgeon set me straight at my first  visit-- he told me the kids will grow up and leave and never call (even said that's what his own sons do)...hence the need for me to put me first. But even him telling me that-- I knew I would never have put this much time and energy into me when they were 2, 3 years old etc. Now they are 11 & 12 and I have no issues walking out the door to go on my jog- or the gym, or to get me nails done! I'm thrifty too- so my gym is planet fitness!

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

melissasue1982
on 9/15/15 10:40 am
RNY on 04/06/15

It is hard, I still feel guilty dropping them off early so I can walk.  But I NEED to do it.

I think it would be better if my husband didn't work so many hours, but there is nothing I can do about that, so I dont even try to worry about it.

Capogirl
on 9/15/15 6:55 am

I know how you feel.  If only I didn't have $140 per month braces payment, I might be able to join a real gym.   For now I have my stationary bike which was my Christmas present last year and some weights, they will have to do.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 420 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 423 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 39 replies · 233 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?