So what do we do when we don't want to eat??

radze09
on 10/1/15 6:46 pm
RNY on 06/08/15

OMG, over the past week it takes every ounce of me to get my 60 grams of protein. The thought of food makes me nauseated!! I don't understand where this came from. I was feeling fine and then bam, I was making food and thinking I might throw this up. It has gone downhill from there! Any suggestions? At this point I eat but what gives?? I have no problem digesting food or anything, uuuggggghhhh!

seattledeb
on 10/1/15 11:54 am, edited 10/1/15 11:54 am

Yogurt,eggs,cheese come to mind. Protein shakes. Early out I could handle certain things for a while then it would lose it's allure. I burned out on boiled shrimp and just recently starting eating it again.

Make sure you get your water in. Dehydration causes nausea.

You might go to the page theworldaccordingtoeggface.com for some recipes.

If the nausea continues you may need to check with your doctor.

Deb T.

radze09
on 10/1/15 7:03 pm
RNY on 06/08/15

Thanks Deb T! I drink 80+ ounces a day. I take my pepcid like I should. I did get some yogurt and cottage cheese to see if it would help. Nope! I just don't understand, you'd think I would feel bad or have tummy issues(pain, gas, etc..), but no just nauseated by food.

H.A.L.A B.
on 10/2/15 4:32 am

I had that issue.... Nausea just smelling some foods... Later on found out that those were my early symptoms of problems with my GB... I needed GB removal app 6 months post op RNY...

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

NYMom222
on 10/1/15 7:46 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Do you take a PPI like Prilosec/omeprezole? Acid can make you nauseous. You don't necessarily have to feel reflux coming up your throat to have acid.

For the time being I would stick to softer foods if they are easier to get down. Not every protein drink has to be like a milkshake. They have some that are Ice tea or things like that. You can also add unflavored protein to your own ice tea, or to soups and things. Drinking it warm might help. Lately I have been drinking the Premier Protein Chocolate warm like hot chocolate.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

AMH82
on 10/2/15 9:05 am
On October 2, 2015 at 2:46 AM Pacific Time, NYMom222 wrote:

Do you take a PPI like Prilosec/omeprezole? Acid can make you nauseous. You don't necessarily have to feel reflux coming up your throat to have acid.

For the time being I would stick to softer foods if they are easier to get down. Not every protein drink has to be like a milkshake. They have some that are Ice tea or things like that. You can also add unflavored protein to your own ice tea, or to soups and things. Drinking it warm might help. Lately I have been drinking the Premier Protein Chocolate warm like hot chocolate.

Have you ever thrown a Premier Protein shake in the freezer? Does it get "slushy?" I am thinking I would be more apt to "drink" them if I could make it more of a treat and less like a chore.

Does that even make sense?

NYMom222
on 10/2/15 9:13 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Yes you Definetly have to change it up periodically. My original way of doing Premier was on ice with a little added milk and like a third tube of Starbucks instant VIA coffee. Mocha.

Then I decided liked better room temp. Now with weather changing enjoying it hot.

To test the slushy version I would put in freezer then set my timer for 30 minutes to check.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

radze09
on 10/1/15 8:05 pm
RNY on 06/08/15

Good ideas! Thanks! We will see how some of them work out! ☺

MickeyDee
on 10/2/15 3:51 am

Now's a good time to expand your repertoire: refried beans w/salsa, microwaved shrimp w/Mrs Dash (original), ground turkey chili, ete., etc.

Use your imagination!

And nothing says you MUST eat. Find something amusing, go for a walk, enjoy life.

When you're ready to eat you will.

RNY0615
on 10/2/15 6:40 am
On October 2, 2015 at 1:46 AM Pacific Time, radze09 wrote:

OMG, over the past week it takes every ounce of me to get my 60 grams of protein. The thought of food makes me nauseated!! I don't understand where this came from. I was feeling fine and then bam, I was making food and thinking I might throw this up. It has gone downhill from there! Any suggestions? At this point I eat but what gives?? I have no problem digesting food or anything, uuuggggghhhh!

This has been a problem for me, too! I try to figure out if it's WHAT I'm eating, or the time of day or the time of month, I keep a journal trying to figure it out, but I just can't!

Sometimes it's all day everyday no matter what the food is for several days at a time, but then I'll be ok for a week or so as long as I stick to mild things. But nothing at all ever sounds or smells appetizing lately, and eating is definitely a chore.

As far as digestion goes, nothing really makes me physically ill, but just the smell or thought of things does nauseate me at times.

Good luck!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 530 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 483 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 344 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 182 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 327 views