Post Op Gas

floweringgemini
on 10/22/15 5:35 am - Rocky Point, NC

OK so a few days out and I feel pretty good. Except for having gas stuck in my system. This is not the gas they used during surgery this is the kind of gas that our body makes. How to get it moving? I am walking and doing what I was told. I feel like one real good burp or fart and I would be 100 percent better and even lose 10 pounds lol. Any suggestions?

selhard
on 10/22/15 6:00 am - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

If walking isn't helping fast enough, non-drug aid for relief might be trying a light massage or laying in a fetal position? You might be stuck with time and patience for a solution, however. If I hear a strange, far away sound today, I will think of you.

White Dove
on 10/22/15 6:02 am - Warren, OH

Bend down so that your head is at the level of your knees for about a minute. The gas will escape. If you are not strong enough to do this standing, then you can lie on a bed or couch and put your head over the edge so that it is lower than your hips.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

RNY_elizabeth
on 10/22/15 9:42 am - TX
RNY on 10/06/15

I had this problem for about 4 days post my surgery. I thought I would just never be able to go in public again! It went away after those first four days though and I haven't had any issues since then.

All the best for quick recovery!

~e

Consultation weight: 265, Surgery date: 10/6/15, Goal: 150, Current weight: 129; 5'5, 46 years old

"I am basically food's creepy ex-girlfriend. I know we can't be together anymore but I just want to spend time hanging out" ~me, about why I love cooking so much post WLS

(deactivated member)
on 10/22/15 12:17 pm
RNY on 05/04/15

Gas X is my best friend. The chewable tabs work great immediately post-op. I'm 5.5 months out now and still have to take 6-8 a day.

crazy4birds
on 10/22/15 3:44 pm
RNY on 12/02/14

I used gas-x too. I purchased the strips but found the chewable tabs left a better taste in my mouth and I imagined I could feel the cooling effect in my esophagus and "tummy".

HW: 240   SW:  224   Goal:  130 

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 428 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 383 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 426 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 279 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 410 views