PMS and food cravings!

Izzi
on 10/28/15 8:57 am
RNY on 08/12/15

Hello all!

I will be at my 3 month post-op on November 12th and things are going pretty well! I am already down about 61 pounds as of today! I am however noting a trend with my periods and PMS. The symptoms with both have gotten worse. I do have PCOS along with low thyroid among other hormone issues that lots of other overweight women seem to have.

I am wondering if anyone else is having or has had issues a few months post-op? The food cravings are the absolute worst! I have been craving carbs and I am miserable after I eat something I should not have eaten and I just hate it! It slows my weight loss for the week if I loose any during those 1-2 weeks! I never have hunger like I do during the week before and during my period. I am just very blah and maybe it is just some of those stored hormones being released from all this fat I am loosing? I have checked in the search engine and have not found much.

Thank you for letting me rant.

Izzi

HW-330, SW-312, SD 8/12/15

melissasue1982
on 10/28/15 9:17 am
RNY on 04/06/15

Just the past few cycles (I am almost 7 month post op) I have had HORRIBLE cravings the week before and week of my cycle! It is CRAZY and really intense!

Even though I haven't been "giving in" to my cravings I do NOT lose any weight the week of and the week after my cycle ends! gggrrrr

I have NO idea why this is happening, just wanted to let you know you are not alone

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

Izzi
on 10/29/15 3:41 pm
RNY on 08/12/15

Thank you for the reply! It is nice to know I am not alone!!

Dibaby45
on 10/28/15 10:00 am

Yep crazy PMS and hunger like I could eat the entire fridge. It's soooo annoying! Thank God for myfitnesspal so I stay on track. Ohh I was so out of my mind 2 days before my period as well with PMS. Everyone hates me...everyone is against me...oh geeze. Feels like a 50 pound weight on my back. I'm so there with you. Let's hope this gets better with time.

Surgeon: Dr. Heydari. Lap-Band to RNY bypass. Surgery June 23, 2015.

(deactivated member)
on 10/28/15 11:17 am

I used Myfitnesspal also until my cousin told me about Fooducate! You should try it, i love it much better. It lets you scan your item the same way as the other one but this one grades your foods from A to F it is amazing. This way I can see how good or how bad the item is for me.

Would love to hear what you think once you try it? When i started i went through my cupboards and seen lots of items that i needed to get out of there........LOL

Izzi
on 10/29/15 4:39 pm
RNY on 08/12/15

Ha!! I agree!!

(deactivated member)
on 10/28/15 11:13 am

That sounds terrible. I am still in between not sure which surgery to have. I go see my Dr. next week to go over options since all my tests are done.

I am hoping my periods do not get as bad as everyone is experiencing. I have had really bad ones for over a year and the Dr. got me on some pills that makes it where i hardly have one now and loving it. I hope this will make it where I wont have to go through bad ones after the surgery.

Have you talked to your Dr. about maybe getting on some kind of medicine to make them better?

Izzi
on 10/29/15 4:42 pm
RNY on 08/12/15

I have an appointment for next week! Good luck with your surgery and with the new journey ahead! I am soo happy I had my RNY!!

killinmesmalls77
on 10/28/15 12:57 pm - MN
RNY on 05/07/15

I am almost 6 months out and the last few months I have definitely noticed a lot of "big pouch days" where it feels like I will never be satisfied and I always want something to eat. I just keep reminding myself that it has to be head hunger and stick to my portions. But some days are a lot harder than others.

I keep hoping that next month gets better, but so far nothing. And I cry at the drop of a hat. Last night we were watching Chopped on the Food Network and I was crying about one of the kids on the show. Good grief. It has to be the additional hormones from losing weight.

Hang in there.

HW: 276 SW: 254.1 GW: 125 CW: 154.5

Izzi
on 10/29/15 4:43 pm
RNY on 08/12/15

Yikes!! Lol!!

I hope our hormones level out!!!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 536 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?