happy to have ulcer?!

karin602
on 10/30/15 10:12 am - MD
RNY on 07/30/13

I have been in pain for nearly six months. Had ultra sound and ct scan that showed nothing wrong. My surgeon at yearly checkup said time for an endoscopy which I had this morning. Diagnosis duodenal ulcer and now on nexium. Follow up endoscopy in two months. Not great having an ulcer but just glad pain is now accounted for and treatment started. Had colonoscopy as well and that was good no polyps. Glad it will be another ten years until I have to do that again. Prep stinks literally. Best part am now two pounds under goal and can now enjoy a cup of coffee. Missed it yesterday morning.

Karin

ChristineB
on 10/30/15 5:50 pm - Western 'Burbs Chgo, IL
On October 30, 2015 at 5:12 PM Pacific Time, karin602 wrote:

I have been in pain for nearly six months. Had ultra sound and ct scan that showed nothing wrong. My surgeon at yearly checkup said time for an endoscopy which I had this morning. Diagnosis duodenal ulcer and now on nexium. Follow up endoscopy in two months. Not great having an ulcer but just glad pain is now accounted for and treatment started. Had colonoscopy as well and that was good no polyps. Glad it will be another ten years until I have to do that again. Prep stinks literally. Best part am now two pounds under goal and can now enjoy a cup of coffee. Missed it yesterday morning.

Happy it ended as it did. My DH had a bleeding ulcer in his pouch back in 2005 and then again on Memorial Day this year. The kicker is that we were on a cruise in Anchorage and had to get off of the ship. He lost over 1/2 of his blood (he never felt any pain). It was by God's graces that he is still with me. We were smart enough to purchase trip interruption insurance. He had great care at Providence Alaska Medical Center and I was well cared for by staying at a local sort of Ronald McDonald House called Hickel House.

Open RNY May 7
260/155/140 

karin602
on 10/30/15 5:56 pm - MD
RNY on 07/30/13

So glad things worked out for your husband. And you had the foresight to have the trip insurance. Bleeding ulcers are so dangerous. In fact my mom had one that caused her sepsis and caused her death. Hope you get to have that cruise again under better cir****tances.

Karin

ChristineB
on 10/30/15 6:05 pm - Western 'Burbs Chgo, IL
On October 31, 2015 at 12:56 AM Pacific Time, karin602 wrote:

So glad things worked out for your husband. And you had the foresight to have the trip insurance. Bleeding ulcers are so dangerous. In fact my mom had one that caused her sepsis and caused her death. Hope you get to have that cruise again under better cir****tances.

Next cruise was already booked before we had to get off of the ship. We are going through the Panama Canal again.

So sorry about your mom. I lost an aunt to sepsis and my mom died way too young also.

Open RNY May 7
260/155/140 

NYMom222
on 11/1/15 3:25 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

So glad you know the cause.... I am going through a similar thing, but haven't found the cause yet. Next is a cat scan.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

sor09
on 11/2/15 8:14 pm

Decaf right?

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 409 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views
What's on your Monday Menu?