4 weeks post op stall???

chrissylyn
on 10/27/15 12:52 pm

Hello everyone! I just wanted to know is it normal to stall after only being 4 weeks post op even when I am doing all the right things? Still in the mushy phase until November 19. Is stalling going to happen though out the weightloss period?

jazzycatz
on 10/27/15 1:26 pm - Joppa, MD

If you do a search for "3 week stall" you will see a ton of posts on the subject. The 3 weeks is, of course, just aproximate. At 4 weeks you are looking at the same thing.

Your weight will not always drop during your journey. You will stall periodically. You will have days where your weight actually goes up a pound or so. This is temporary so don't panic.

Early on I got some advice here that helped me out. I picked one day a week as my official weigh day. I use Tuesday as it is was my surgery day. You can weigh on other days but that one day is the only day it's "official". The one day I would make a note of my weight. It is just a little game you play with your head but it is helpful when you know it's not "official". It's not going in your permanant record that way.

You are so early out. Just relax and focus on healing. It's a major surgery and your body is like, "What the heck did you do here and how can I fix it?" So it's busy.

Good Luck! You can do this!

Rebecca54
on 10/27/15 2:00 pm

I'm in the same boat as you my friend. I'm going into week 4 now and I didn't lose a pound this week, I'm trusting the process and pushing through it. Hopefully, the best is still to come. Keep it up and so will I.

(deactivated member)
on 10/27/15 3:16 pm
RNY on 05/04/15

Maybe it will keep happening, maybe not. I gained after surgery and didn't get under my surgery weight again for about 3 weeks. But then I lost consistently for the next 4.5 months, and the next stall was also only about 3 weeks. We'll see how quickly the next one comes though!

chrissylyn
on 10/27/15 8:58 pm

Thanks so much all four the advice. It's comforting to know that it's normal and likely to happen again. I just think it's so crazy to only be eating under 1000 calls and lose slow or have any type of stall. But I will just concentrate on getting healthy and doing my workouts. Thanks guys

Deanna798
on 10/28/15 4:26 am
RNY on 08/04/15

I posted about the week three stall, too. It breaks, just stick to plan.

I also notice a stall the week before I start my period, so if you are of childbearing age, keep that in mind.

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

Catsi51
on 10/28/15 8:50 am

Stalls happen. They are so common place they should almost be expected!! I'm in the same boat. One month out and stalled for the past week. Doesn't bother me. I know I'm doing what I'm supposed to do so I know sooner or later the stall will break and the weight will start coming off again. And I know this will happen throughout the process, so I expect it and won't let it get to me. Hang in there, keep following your plan and it will all work out as it should!

"Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

chrissylyn
on 10/28/15 9:11 am

Thank you Catsi and DeAnna! I was reading a doctors post on weight loss stalls and he says that it's our body's way of readjusting to the surgery and weightloss. So I think I will stay off the scale for a bit and and continue to do what I have been doing. It is still early.

Kathysangels
on 10/29/15 7:18 pm

I haven't had my RNY yet (waiting of date) but did have the Gastric Sleeve about a year and a half ago.

I also had stalls and was surprised because in all my research I hadn't read anything about them. I was upset (especially when I had a 6 week stall) but I had someone remind me that our bodies need time to readjust to our weight. I usually found that during this time I was losing inches and not weight. I have gone from a 5X to a 2X for most things - and it was a slow process. Funny thing is, I am still losing inches even though the weight has stayed about the same (withing 5#s up or down) since last September.

Be patient and know that this is a normal process.

Hope your journey is a good one.

Kathysangels

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 566 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 351 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 212 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 457 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?