Heart fluttering

Poodlemac
on 11/15/15 9:55 am
RNY on 09/26/14

I'm 13 mos out and very healthy. Several times recently, I've had heart flutters. This morning it's making me a little short of breath (feeling). I'm certain it's probably some vitamin deficiency, but which one might it be?  I AM due labs, but we changed insurance at work and the day of my appt, the new company had my birthday wrong so I couldn't see the doc. (Blah, blah, blah!)  Blood pressure is excellent, 121/56, HR 78, which is a little higher than it has been. Any ideas??  

rocky513
on 11/15/15 3:55 pm - WI

Heart palpitations with shortness of breath should be brought to the attention of your doctor to make sure it's not serious.

I had heart fluttering while going through menopause.  Maybe the fluttering is caused by the hormonal changes from weight loss?

Iron/Ferritin deficiency can cause heart fluttering and shortness of breath too.

HW 270 SW 236 GW 160 CW 145 (15 pounds below goal!)

VBG Aug. 7, 1986, Revised to RNY Nov. 18, 2010

Eggface
on 11/15/15 6:01 pm - Sunny Southern, CA

You really don't want to mess with heart fluttering :( I hope you can call and get the DOB stuff fixed so you could at least get in and get checked. 

Could be tons of stuff really... deficiencies iron/ferritin, B12, blood sugar, hormones, reactive hypoglycemia, late stage dumping, dehydration...  

If you ever want to just pay for labs (some insurances only pay for 1 set a year) Wellness FX is great I did them before I had insurance: http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2014/03/post- weight-loss-surgery-lab-work.html

Hope it's a quick fix. 

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

Poodlemac
on 11/15/15 6:07 pm
RNY on 09/26/14

Thanks so much!  I knew you guys would have ideas!!  Will call my doctor (and insurance) tomorrow!  Thanks again!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 386 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 180 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 477 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 396 views
Recent Topics