My soul CRAVES...

Cleopatra_Nik
on 12/22/15 9:24 am - Baltimore, MD

Lo mein!!! But nope. Not doing it. Firstly not worth the pain that I know will ensue. Secondly, not worth the potential blood sugar drop.

So this isn't a "talk Nikki off the ledge"post. But I do wish someone would tell my gut (not my stomach but my GUT which is where all the strong cravings are born) to STOP craving lo mein!!!

That is all. 

RNY Gastric Bypass 1-8-08 350/327/200 (HW/SW/CW). I spend most of my time playing with my food over at Bariatric Foodie - check me out!

(deactivated member)
on 12/22/15 9:34 am - CA

I crave lo mein too and I won't do it because of your exact reasons.   However, I did come upon these nuggets and love them.  Since they do take on the flavor of your dish, they satisfy that lo mein craving!

THE MIRACLE NOODLE LOW DOWN

• Made of naturally water soluble fiber with no fat, sugar, or starch.
  • Easily absorbs the flavors of any soup, dish, or sauce.
  • Contain zero net carbohydrates and zero calories, no gluten -made of a healthy natural fiber called Glucomannan.
  • Have shown beneficial effects backed by medical studies for Type II Diabetes, Constipation, Obesity, and Cholesterol!
  • Wheat & gluten free and kosher.

Cleopatra_Nik
on 12/22/15 9:43 am - Baltimore, MD

I've tried the un-noodles. They, too, bug my stomach. Sigh. 

RNY Gastric Bypass 1-8-08 350/327/200 (HW/SW/CW). I spend most of my time playing with my food over at Bariatric Foodie - check me out!

Dcgirl
on 12/22/15 9:36 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

I was just going to suggest shirataki tofu noodles.  No calories and no carbs, and they have them at the grocery store in the vegetarian section usually.  You could always boil them up and throw them in a pan with some veggies and chicken and some teriyaki sauce or some sort of sauce that you like.  I find that shirataki noodles totally help fix my craving for pasta!

Cleopatra_Nik
on 12/22/15 9:44 am - Baltimore, MD

Yep I've tried them. Tummy doesn't like noodles. Doesn't matter what they are made of, unfortunately!

I've tried the tofu shirataki, the dreamfields, etc., etc., etc.

After a while I just accepted me and noodles are done lol. 

I do zoodles sometimes but I don't feel like making my own dang lo mein! lol

Dcgirl
on 12/22/15 12:58 pm - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

You are so fortunate your tummy doesn't like noodles!  Mine doesn't love them but occasionally they are ok.  I don't try to eat them often, but I have been known to have a few bites of mac and cheese out at a restaurant off someone else's plate LOL.  And it's generally fine.  Noodles were my kryptonite pre-RNY so I wish I could not tolerate a single bite :)

And I don't blame you for not wanting to make your own lo mein!  I totally get it :)

Doingrightin2015
on 12/23/15 6:22 am
RNY on 03/10/15

I like the Shirataki noodles. I also want to make some pad thai. Was thinking about trying it with the shirataki noodles or just using the bean sprouts and forget the noodles

Doingitright2015

HW in life 282 HW265 at start SW 244 CW170

(deactivated member)
on 12/22/15 10:41 am

You don't need noodles!  Do you have one of those vegetti things?  Make some 'noodles' with zucchini or eggplant or something like that and maybe it will work?  I have one and I need to start using it; I haven't really eaten pasta-based foods in so long but cold weather does make ya want heavier foods.  You always talk us down and deliver reality to us when we are all off our rockers; you've got this!

Cleopatra_Nik
on 12/22/15 10:48 am - Baltimore, MD

Oh no, sorry! I wasn't saying I was tempted or needed noodles. When I have a craving I speak it. It helps. 

I have no plans to eat noodles. Nor do I feel like making veggie noodles. If I wait it out the craving will indeed pass. I ordered an unwich from Jimmy Johns lol. 

SkinnyScientist
on 12/22/15 3:50 pm

love spirilized zuiccini. Like the way you think teachermom

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 540 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 525 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?