My soul CRAVES...

Deanna798
on 12/22/15 1:00 pm
RNY on 08/04/15

I found out in the last few years that I have an allergy to soy protein.  

I miss Chinese food. Every once in a while I'll get something in a light gravy,  which I try to make tofu/soy free, but no longer mein and no rice.  I always have bad reactions.  Hives all over the place. 

Let us mourn the loss of the lovely lol mein. I loved that ****  

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

SkinnyScientist
on 12/22/15 3:50 pm

Hey Nik!  Your soul also craves that T-shirt from the gym. Only so many hours in a day...are you going to use the time to get the t-shirt of the lo mein?

The t-shirt is a LIMITED OPPORTUNITY. The lo mein will be there in January if you still want it..

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

naenae_68
on 12/28/15 1:54 pm

Are you insulin resistant/ diabetic still? I am 8+ years out and was just diagnosed as insulin resistant and put back on meds. Mind you I have ot lose 30 pounds I have put on since my lowest. But, that is why I am here. I am taking back my life, or I mean my RNY!

Cleopatra_Nik
on 1/2/16 8:50 am - Baltimore, MD

I was not diabetic pre-op. My last labs did show something going on with my blood sugar (my new PCP thought I was pre-diabetic but my surgeon says that it may be something different - maybe insulin resistance?) Not sure why as I don't eat many starches at all. But thanks for saying that because now I know I'm not alone! I'll report back as I investigate.

RNY Gastric Bypass 1-8-08 350/327/200 (HW/SW/CW). I spend most of my time playing with my food over at Bariatric Foodie - check me out!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 544 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 527 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 416 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 324 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 129 views
Recent Topics