Twisted bowel

Tonya S.
on 12/26/15 2:04 pm

Hello again,

In October I began having terrific pain while eating. I was lethargic a few weeks before the pain. I saw the surgeon who did my RNY 5years ago. He ordered a cat scan, they found a large mass that was not causing my pain. I had surgery two weeks ago for the mass. The weight loss surgeon joined the surgery, and removed adhesions he said was causing a twisted bowel.

He's giving it 6 weeks to fix its self. So far since surgery I was in worse pain, even fluids caused pain. The last 4 days I can eat, but the pain comes only when I'm up for more than 15 minutes. I'm so happy to eat again!

I'm seeing the surgeon next week, I want him to go ahead and set up the second surgery. This one will be open, where he removes 5 inches of bowel.

Has this happened to you? 

" You will be safe in his arms, the hands that hold the world are holding your heart"
magpye
on 12/27/15 10:49 am

I have not had this happen, but just wanted to offer up my support for you - sounds like hell!  Best of luck and keep us posted!  

Tonya S.
on 12/27/15 10:53 am

Thank you, I think the up and down is very emotional.

How r u, looks like u are newly post open.

" You will be safe in his arms, the hands that hold the world are holding your heart"
Star0210
on 1/27/16 5:57 pm
DS on 11/28/14

What was the mass?

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 76 replies · 768 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 361 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 35 replies · 496 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?