PMS six months after surgery and I swear it is getting worse with every passing month!

Izzi
on 1/25/16 10:01 pm
RNY on 08/12/15

Hello all!

It has been a while since my last post, though I log on OH almost daily to see what is going on. 

I am doing well and have lost close to 90 pounds since the middle of August!  Yay!

Some days are harder than others but I just stick to my plan even through my stalls and holidays, working nights and everything else that we all have to deal with.....except the PMS!  What is up with my body? Does everyone else deal with the Hunger and cravings and being so bloated not to mention the hormone ride?  Am I just being a tit bag? 

With every passing month it has gotten worse. I am starting to feel like I only get two normal feeling weeks out of every month!  Does this get better? Have you experienced this too?  Maybe I am being punished for being such a fatty for all of those years  (with PCOS) and never having a period and now my body is just playing catch-up! 

I would love some feedback!  Thank you in advance!

izzi

HW-330, SW-312, SD 8/12/15

Ladytazz
on 1/25/16 11:41 pm

The only thing I can guess is the hormone dump.  Hormones are stored in fat cells and as you lose weight the hormones are released and that plays havoc with us.  It's not unusual to get very emotional during the weight lose period.

For me I think it was a good thing because I was going through menopause and my doctor doesn't like hormone replacement but as soon as I had surgery I  started to feel better.  The hot flashes were gone and I actually felt better than before.  I am pretty sure I am through with the whole menopause thing since I haven't had any symptoms in a while.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

steff1970
on 1/26/16 3:41 am - cambridge , Canada
RNY on 07/09/12

Hello there,

I'm sorry you are experiencing these things as I too have terrible PMS I however like to refer to it as "putting up with mens ****" lmao.  When I was in the rapid weight loss stages the hormone dump was on overload, I needed my medication for anxiety and depression changed atleast 5 times right up until the 20th of this month.  Although rapid weight loss is fantastic it does wreak havoc on our mental/emotional state, maybe you can talk to your doctor and let them know what's going on with you i'm sure they can help.  Take care and all the best.

REFFERAL.....APRIL 2010    ORIENTATION.....JULY 14, 2011       SURGERY.....JULY 9, 2012                            

Jackie N.
on 1/29/16 7:49 am
RNY on 06/24/15

I am a little over 7 months out.  I have never had a regular period, and when I did, it was very light.  For the last several months I have had horrible PMS and have actually been having periods every 3 weeks!  Grrrr!  I am hoping that things will even out and slow down a bit in the future.  I am glad to hear that others have had the same issue though, so that I know I'm not just strange.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 76 replies · 760 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 333 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 35 replies · 493 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 272 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 90 views
Recent Topics