Labs six years out

poet_kelly
on 2/4/16 6:53 pm - OH

Today I got my latest lab results back.  At just over six years  post op,  I was thrilled to see my labs are just about perfect. 

My iron is actually a tiny bit high, but two years ago it was low, as was my ferritin.  I mean, my ferritin was almost low enough to need iron infusions.  So I bumped up my iron intake a lot and my ferritin was gone from 15 to 147!  I could not be more excited about that.

My vitamin D is 80, which is great, although I'd kind of like it just a teeny bit higher.  I was out of my 50,000 IU D3 for a little while, though I have some now, so that's probably why.  It'll go up a little bit as long as I don't run out again.

My B12 is around 1120, I don't remember the exact number and am too lazy to get up and get the lab report.

My protein, albumin and pre-albumin are all good, and that is as a vegetarian getting around 75 grams of protein a day most days, sometimes a little bit more, sometimes a little bit less.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Patrice
(PatriceMarieV1 on...

on 2/4/16 7:01 pm, edited 2/4/16 11:20 am
RNY on 03/11/15

Do you have some vegetarian meal plans you can share (or general food ideas)? I prefer being mostly vegetarian but then struggle with getting too many carbs  via beans and dairy.

poet_kelly
on 2/4/16 7:14 pm - OH

Well, I get a lot of carbs via beans and dairy.  I just don't think it's too many.  But it's more than most post ops that eat meat would get.

Most of the time, I eat pretty simple stuff. A typical day might look like this.

Breakfast: a protein shake or a protein bar or occasionally even cereal (I add some nuts or flax seeds or something to give it more protein)

Snack: yogurt with chia seeds or flax seeds and maybe some walnuts or almonds mixed, or an apple with almond butter, or a smoothie of some sort

Lunch: an apple with almond butter or yogurt if I didn't have that for a morning snack or occasionally a salad with cheese and nuts on it for some protein or leftovers from dinner last night

Snack: more yogurt or some cheese and crackers or some roasted pumpkin seeds or roasted chickpeas (I love those)

Dinner: vegetarian chili or some sort of beans or even a slice or two of pizza or a veggie burrito bowl from Chipotle (with just a little brown rice)

snack: roasted chickpeas or pureed frozen banana (it's like soft serve banana ice cream, really good) with nuts or flax seeds or leftovers from dinner or sliced raw veggies with hummus

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Patrice
(PatriceMarieV1 on...

on 2/4/16 7:20 pm, edited 2/4/16 11:22 am
RNY on 03/11/15

Thanks for sharing. I am always looking for meat-free ideas. I like the simple aproach most days too.

Someone one here mentioned noodles made out of only black beans. I ordered some and they were really good. In fact, they were close enough to the texture of real noodles that I felt a little guilty for eating them. I kept thinking that the manufacturer must be lying about them only having beans in them.

Roma
on 2/4/16 7:08 pm
RNY on 06/15/15

Thank you so much for sharing this! Gives me hope after reading some of the negative stories here on OH, it is possible to have good levels post op. 

Glad you are doing so well.

Referral: 8/14; Orientation TWH: 12/14; Nurse: 01/15; SW, Dietician, Psych: 2/15; Surgeon: 5/15; RNY: June 15/2015

Grim_Traveller
on 2/4/16 8:08 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

Great news Kelly.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

SkinnyScientist
on 2/5/16 1:57 am

HI!

i have nothing more to say other than "Glad to see you again!" and I have missed you!

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

traviscantrell
on 2/5/16 8:30 am - Ridgefield, WA

glad to see you back, 

Travis Cantrell                                

lynnc99
on 2/5/16 1:33 pm

Kudos! 

I also had great labs at my 6 year point! Let's call it a victory! 

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 486 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 447 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 456 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 401 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 112 views
Forum Search Error & 404