Gained Weight....I need HELP Please Sunday Feburary 7,2016

hop2bthin
on 2/8/16 8:32 am - Florence, AL

Edit

Feb 07, 2016

Hello my friends, I'm Robbie. It's been a while since I've been on here,I think if I had kept talking to all y'all I would not have gained so much. I have gained about 50 lbs. I am so a shamed of my self, this is the one thing I was NOT going to do. I feel that I have let my Family down but more so I have more than let myself down. But now it's time for me to get back on track for myself, I have heard about the 5 day pouch test. Does anyone know of this diet, if so could you PLEASE get me a day by day guide to follow so when I buy groceries I can get what I need. This diet from what I understand kind of gives you a junp start to get you back to eating like we did when first started. I'm excited about doing this , It is just what I need. Wish me luck & I will be talking to you all soon with my undates on weight loss. I lost down to 127 which was to small for me , I want to get back to 130-135. My weight right now is 184 ibs. You just don't how bad it hurts me to have to write that weight down & OMG how I hate seeing 184 on the scales. But as soon as I find out the 5 day guide I will be exercising & dropping the weight off. I know I'm not going to drop the weight off in 5 days but like I said it's a guide to help me get started back to the basics. Thank you so much for your help my friends, Have a wonder day.

hop2bthin

ladygodiva1228
on 2/8/16 8:47 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15
On February 8, 2016 at 4:32 PM Pacific Time, hop2bthin wrote:

Edit

Feb 07, 2016

Hello my friends, I'm Robbie. It's been a while since I've been on here,I think if I had kept talking to all y'all I would not have gained so much. I have gained about 50 lbs. I am so a shamed of my self, this is the one thing I was NOT going to do. I feel that I have let my Family down but more so I have more than let myself down. But now it's time for me to get back on track for myself, I have heard about the 5 day pouch test. Does anyone know of this diet, if so could you PLEASE get me a day by day guide to follow so when I buy groceries I can get what I need. This diet from what I understand kind of gives you a junp start to get you back to eating like we did when first started. I'm excited about doing this , It is just what I need. Wish me luck & I will be talking to you all soon with my undates on weight loss. I lost down to 127 which was to small for me , I want to get back to 130-135. My weight right now is 184 ibs. You just don't how bad it hurts me to have to write that weight down & OMG how I hate seeing 184 on the scales. But as soon as I find out the 5 day guide I will be exercising & dropping the weight off. I know I'm not going to drop the weight off in 5 days but like I said it's a guide to help me get started back to the basics. Thank you so much for your help my friends, Have a wonder day.

The 5 day pouch test is a crock of crap. 

You would be best to go back to dense protein first with non-starchy veggies if there is room.  Also, weigh/measure your foods and track everything that goes in your mouth.

How much protein are you currently taking in?How much water are you drinking?

I know some of the greats vets will chime in.

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

hop2bthin
on 2/8/16 9:06 am - Florence, AL

Just curious but why do you think the 5 day pouch test is a crock ?

hop2bthin

ladygodiva1228
on 2/8/16 10:07 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15
On February 8, 2016 at 5:06 PM Pacific Time, hop2bthin wrote:

Just curious but why do you think the 5 day pouch test is a crock ?

You do not need to go back to liquid proteins and then soft proteins when you are as far out as you are.  Just do the dense proteins along with weighing/measuring/tracking and you will lose the weight.

Why drink proteins shakes when they will go right through your pouch and not keep you full?

cpcampbell
on 2/8/16 2:20 pm

Thick protein shakes (extra ice, fruit, etc.,)  do keep you full.....

Maria27
on 2/8/16 4:18 pm - Chicago, IL
RNY on 03/17/15

Um, adding fruit to the protein shake defeats the purpose. Liquid carbs are the worst choice for RNY patients because they run right through our pouch, thereby defeating the point of the surgery. Buying a rotisserie chicken and eating that for every meal is a much better choice.

Height: 5'5" HW: 290 Consultation Weight: 276 SW: 257 CW: 132

ladygodiva1228
on 2/9/16 4:37 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15
On February 8, 2016 at 10:20 PM Pacific Time, cpcampbell wrote:

Thick protein shakes (extra ice, fruit, etc.,)  do keep you full.....

Can you honestly tell us how many calories, carbs, sugar, and protein are in those shakes?

I can see by your posting history that you are eating carbs and I will bet you $50 that is why you have had a regain.  Pizza, crackers, fruit you are not eating the dense proteins that you should be eating at 8 years out. 

I strongly suggest you see a nutritionist and a therapist since you did say it was a mental thing and that is why you approve of the 5 day pouch test.  And I quote "Let me say again:  FOR ME it's the mental piece...If I don't pick it up I will NOT eat it...."

cpcampbell
on 2/9/16 5:18 am

Good Morning Ladygodiva1228 - I still use the protein my surgeon suggested "UNJURY"  www.unjury.com

You can't purchase it in stores you have to buy online.  Nutritional Info:  100 Calories, 0 fat, and 21g Protein. 

Just a FYI - this is the first time in 8 years that I've experienced regain AND I do have a nutritionist, in fact, I saw him yesterday.

I've been unemployed for over a year and experienced stress at a level that I wouldn't want my worse enemy to experience. This why I had the regain.

rocky513
on 2/9/16 3:41 pm - WI

At 8 years out you should be eating your protein in the form of real meat and not drinking it via protein shakes.  Protein shakes are prescribed early out because we simply can not eat enough protein (volume wise) to get the required amount.  Our pouches grow over time and we can get all of our protein eating real foods.  When Ladygodiva1228 said you should be eating dense protein, that's what she's talking about.  Dense protein ( chicken breast, steak, etc) will stay with you and keep you satisfied longer.  Protein shakes run right through us because it's a liquid and we have no pyloric valve in our pouches to stop it from emptying quickly.  Adding fruits to "thicken" a shake also adds LOTS of calories and sugar that will slow or stop your weight loss.  

If you want to lose re-gain you need to give up the shakes made with fruit and stick to meat and non-starchy veggies.  If you do this the weight will come off.... I promise!

HW 270 SW 236 GW 160 CW 145 (15 pounds below goal!)

VBG Aug. 7, 1986, Revised to RNY Nov. 18, 2010

cpcampbell
on 2/9/16 6:08 pm

Thank you Rocky513..

I am following my doctors lead...There is nothing wrong with protein shakes - even 8 years out. But I must say that I'm really surprised that I'm experiencing this type of reaction to "my preferences" for me. I let my doctor know everything I'm doing so when I'm advised (on the board) what I should do and not do, I do read but don't apply. Not sure if you reading the threads but several way out of line comments have been posted to me so I'm shutting down my dialogue.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 42 replies · 324 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 375 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 466 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 380 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 42 replies · 324 views