Early morning gas

cajunlady1958
on 2/12/16 8:30 am - Broussard, LA
Revision on 12/30/15
I have been waking up in the early hours with a lot of gas. Has anyone dealt with this and will it eventually go away? I am 6 weeks post op and this is not the way I want to be woken up in the morning, lol.

You survived what you thought would kill you. Now straighten your crown and go forward like the Queen you are!

Han Shot First
on 2/12/16 9:06 am - Flint, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

I wi**** was only in the morning...

Unfortunately for me, excess gas seems to be a byproduct of my surgery.  Hopefully things go better for you.

--

150 lost and maintaining!

White Dove
on 2/12/16 10:21 am - Warren, OH

It will not go away until you find out what is causing and stop doing what is causing it.

Go through the labels of everything you are putting into your body and look for sugar alcohols.  The are maltitol, sorbitol, and others ending in -itol.  They can be in sugar-free candy, ice cream, puddings, cookies, and chewable vitamins.

My gas problems were caused by Celebrate vitamins.  They don't list the sugar alcohols in the online screenshot but they are listed on the bottle.  I switched to Unjury O'Purity vitamins and no more gas.

I ordered PatchMD last week and waiting for them to arrive.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

NYMom222
on 2/12/16 10:29 am
RNY on 07/23/14

I am still trying to investigate what causes my gas.... It is not always the last thing you ate. While you might be able to tolerate small amounts of sugar alcohols...larger quantities might be causing it. I ate an Atkins bar one time that had lots of sugar alcohols and I it sent me over the edge-- bad gas pains and cramps for 2 days....

I've actually cut down on having salad :( and raw veggies and that seems to be helping.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Deanna798
on 2/12/16 10:31 am
RNY on 08/04/15

I started eating Quest protein bars regularly and my gas got out of control.  I've had to cut back to occasionally because it was becoming very uncomfortable for me, and for those around me too. 

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

Chilipepper
on 2/12/16 2:14 pm

Simple carbs and sugar alcohols.  Look at your labels. 

You can use GasX tongue melt always to help. 

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

cajunlady1958
on 2/12/16 4:28 pm - Broussard, LA
Revision on 12/30/15
I want to thank everyone for the advice. I think I have allowed one too many protein bars to creep into my food plan. So back to square one or two.

You survived what you thought would kill you. Now straighten your crown and go forward like the Queen you are!

Kris G.
on 2/12/16 6:48 pm

I had one day of horrible gas I searched this topic on here in the middle of the night it was so bad I couldn't sleep I think I was only 5 days out of surgery so I was scared to death! I read on one post some sugar free applesauce could cause it and I happened to eat that for the first time that day. I haven't had any since and I haven't had anymore gas. I'm only 4 weeks out and am not eating a wide variety of food yet but for me it was the applesauce. 

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 365 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 300 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 388 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 400 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 300 views