on exercise

poet_kelly
on 2/16/16 7:49 pm - OH

So this was a first for me. My psychiatrist wanted me to have an EKG because two of the meds I am on can sometimes cause heart problems.

So I had the EKG done and today I saw my psychiatrist and gave him the readout and report. He looked at it, said the meds did not seem to be causing any issues, and then asked if I exercise much. I said well, I walk almost every day with my dog, usually about three miles a day.

He said he could tell from my EKG. I'm not sure how, but it was just different for me because I have always had doctors telling me I need to exercise, not saying wow, it looks like you exercise a lot.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

White Dove
on 2/17/16 9:12 am - Warren, OH

I think that it is impressive that he could tell you exercise.  Another advantage of having a dog. 

I have a friend whose wife died of cancer and then his dog died a few days later.  He was so lonely and decided to get another dog.  He rescued a beautiful golden retriever who had been abused.

The dog loves him and he loves her.  They walk together every day and now have lots of friends in the neighborhood.  It gave him a reason to keep going.  He is now 73 and the exercise of walking the dog everyday has kept him much healthier.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

selhard
on 2/18/16 2:47 am - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

Happy for you on your EKG.  Happy for me on seeing you back.

karenp8
on 2/18/16 5:59 am - Brighton, IL

My dog Lily keeps me getting exercise every day,even some days when I don't feel like it. She was rescued after 5 1/2 years in a small cage at a puppy mill. She loves her 3.2 mile walk every day,usually even in the rain! She is a boxer and is spoiled rotten! Glad to see you here Kelly! You are missed!,

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 415 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 362 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 420 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 407 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 7 replies · 50 views
Recent Topics