Chocolate is evil!

Diana_13
on 3/11/16 9:09 am
with

I know I shouldn't have it. I know I don't NEED it. But, I can't stop eating chocolate and sweet snacks!  I don't know what my problem is, but I know I need to quit it! I'm so worried about going back to where I was, I can't stand it!  Is there another option?  How do I break this craving? 

Diana_13 

RNY Surgery-8/10/15

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 3/11/16 9:17 am, edited 3/11/16 1:14 am - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

Chocolate - with high fat and sugar - stimulates the same brain-pleasure centers as cocaine.  If it is a problem for you - understand the complex nature of the problem.  Mindful Eating is the only program I know that is helping me. 

Sharon

Diana_13
on 3/11/16 9:23 am
with

It is mind over matter; but the matter is beating the be-jeepers out of my mind!  I have a hard time talking myself out of eating it.  

Diana_13 

RNY Surgery-8/10/15

White Dove
on 3/11/16 9:46 am - Warren, OH

Chocolate made from cocoa is a good thing.  It is the sugar that causes problems.

I eat chocolate Quest Protein bars, no sugar added chocolate fudge bars, homemade chocolate treats from the Eggface site, chocolate protein shakes, sugarfree hot chocolate, sugar free chocolate pudding,homemade sugarfree chocolate ice cream, chocolate mug cakes and very expensive chocolate candy from Maine Cottage Foods.

I check labels and won't eat sugar alcohols.  The higher the cacao content, the healthier the chocolate.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Diana_13
on 3/14/16 4:13 am
with

THis is great!  The only thing is I'm not allowed to drink my calories, so the shakes are out.  I do want to try the Quest Protein.  I found Premier Protein with 30 grams of protein and only 6 grams of sugar.  Not too shabby, but I don't have the Quest to compare it to. Where do you buy this?  I didn't see it at Wal-Mart.

Diana_13 

RNY Surgery-8/10/15

White Dove
on 3/14/16 6:01 am - Warren, OH

I mail order most of my Quest, but the questnutrition site has Find a Store where you put your zipcode in and see the stores in your area that carry it.

My favorite protein powder is BSN Synthra-6. 

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

hollykim
on 3/11/16 10:31 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On March 11, 2016 at 5:09 PM Pacific Time, Diana_13 wrote:

I know I shouldn't have it. I know I don't NEED it. But, I can't stop eating chocolate and sweet snacks!  I don't know what my problem is, but I know I need to quit it! I'm so worried about going back to where I was, I can't stand it!  Is there another option?  How do I break this craving? 

it is an addiction. You have to quit cold turkey and suffer the withdrawals the first week, then it gets better. 

dog_hair_dinner
on 3/11/16 5:49 pm
RNY on 03/01/16

This is the only thing that every worked for me with any junk food.  The withdrawals for me could last months though.

H.A.L.A B.
on 3/11/16 10:40 am

I eat the 86% dark chocolate..not every day or even every week..

some people associate cravings for chocolate with low magnesium,... 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

selhard
on 3/11/16 12:14 pm, edited 3/11/16 11:48 am - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

Maybe a small amount of Ghiradelli 60% cacao baking chips could curb your "chocolate is evil" craving.  To give you an idea, eight of them has 40 calories and 3 grams sugar and go well with a cup of coffee.  (edited for correction:  "message meant for OP.")

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 539 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 525 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 411 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 277 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 127 views
Recent Topics