EggFace - loved the Roast Beef Hash. Puree suggestions - Awesome!

Unlimited
on 4/4/16 5:32 pm - WI
RNY on 03/29/16

Tomorrow will be one week since surgery - and doing incredibly well =)  Have always made reference to Eggface's Blog since joining OH and knew the Ricotta Bake is a Must to try.  Well in searching for that recipe on her BLOG came upon other ideas for the Pureed stage. The suggestion for Roast Beef Hash was tasty actually and 19 g of Protein even.  I'm a roast beef lover. In addition, purchased the fixins for the Ricotta Bake -- and even made the Crock Pot Roast. My hubby loved that tonight so -- tender, my son will enjoy once he is home from work.  Enough left to allow me to puree this up during my 4 week stage of pureed foods only!!

To puree the Roast Beef Hash more I used the gravy from the crock pot roast with added water. Cant't wait to enjoy more tomorrow =)Thank you EggFace for all the dedicated work you do to help us eat well!

The recipes and other food ideas are found here. I'm thinking though of making my own refried beans. Wished I could find the sugar free Baked Beans by B+M in our stores - no luck.  But did buy the Cannelini Beans and Pesto sauce!!

Plans to make the Ricotta Bake tomorrow ----

http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2007/08/pureed-foods.html

cajunlady1958
on 4/4/16 6:27 pm - Broussard, LA
Revision on 12/30/15
The ricotta bake is awesome, saved me a lot of times when I want something that tasted like pizza. As you progress in the weeks to come try her philly cheesesteak casserole recipe, my son and daughter in law ate it and never knew it was "diet" food, lol. Keep up the good work.

You survived what you thought would kill you. Now straighten your crown and go forward like the Queen you are!

ttfan
on 4/5/16 2:53 am
RNY on 08/15/16

I make baked beans often in my crock pot and use sugar free maple syrup to sweeten them.  Delish!

Unlimited
on 4/5/16 4:39 am - WI
RNY on 03/29/16

MMMMM - good idea thanks for the tip!!

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 4/5/16 1:47 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

I LOVE making pot roast! It's great because you can make it once, portion it out for the freezer, and have TONS of meals from one night in the crockpot. I get the little 8oz tupperware dishes and fill them with shredded meat, then thaw them one at a time in the microwave. Lots to do with them too!

• Cheddar cheese and salsa
  • Roasted peppers and brown mustard
  • Sauteed mushrooms and black pepper
  • BBQ sauce and a drizzle of coleslaw dressing
  • Onion, parsley, and cinnamon
  • Mix with scrambled egg, cheese, and pepper for a mini omelette

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 486 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 446 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 453 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 396 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 110 views
Forum Search Error & 404