My surgeon is leaving.....

cajunlady1958
on 4/22/16 5:27 pm - Broussard, LA
Revision on 12/30/15
I found out yesterday my surgeon is moving to Missouri. I have never been attached to a doctor before but this doctor diagnosed and fixed my stomach and litterly saved my life. They will have a nurse practitioner take over his patients. I feel so lost now and I am not sure how to get past this. Have any of you ever felt this way?

You survived what you thought would kill you. Now straighten your crown and go forward like the Queen you are!

FindingCharlie
on 4/23/16 3:52 am - Saint Regis Falls, NY
RNY on 05/03/16

I don't have any experience with this type of situation as my surgery isn't until May 3rd, but I almost lost my husband twice between Oct. of 2014 and March of 2015 due to a hernia that was strangling his ileostomy ( due to Chron's) and the his doctor which is in Vermont (3hrs away) saved his life. Well, his doctor, who is also in the Army reserves, was just redeployed to Afganistan for the sixth time and will be gone for a year. Everyday I pray my husband doesn't have any set back while his doctor is overseas. So in that respect, I can relate. Do they plan on replacing the doctor in the near future and have you had any type of relationship with the NP before? Did they give you any type of notice so you could find another Bariatric doctor? I am so sorry you are having to go through this stress and pray you are able to find some type of solution that you are comfortable with. {{{{{hugs}}}}}

BW: 259 SW: 241 CW: 155.4GW: 125

Nothing Tastes as Good as Healthy Feels!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 536 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 525 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 409 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 268 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 127 views
Recent Topics