Weight gain after RNY

hop2bthin
on 4/23/16 11:10 am - Florence, AL

I had RNY in July 2010. I have gained about 60 pounds, I have tried to get it off and I just can't seem to do it. Is there such of a procedure to go back and give your stomach a few more stitches to make my stomach a little bit smaller ? I know they probably can't but it never hurts to ask/hope about it being done. Thanks for your response in advance :-) I would love and be thankful for your input on this subject and how to get the weight loss started again. 

hop2bthin

White Dove
on 4/23/16 11:49 am - Warren, OH

There are procedures like that and they are not successful.  When I had weight loss surgery I thought that I was through with dieting.  I found out that I still have to diet.

If I don't weigh and measure and track my food then I gain weight.

To get rid of 60 pounds give yourself 60 weeks.  Figure out how many calories you need to be eating.  There is a site at iifym.com that will give you good calculations. 

Once you get on a good eating plan it will be easier because you still have your small stomach.  You are just not using it properly.  With the right amount of calories, protein, fat, fiber and carbs the weight will come off and you will feel wonderful.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

beachybikegirl
on 4/23/16 1:47 pm

I agree with White Dove, I am close to a year out, and I so wish to feel regular but I track everything I eat and I weigh myself everyday.  I thought when I got to goal (almost there) I would breathe a sigh of relief and be done but I think this is now my new normal, track and weigh everything and exercise.  I am going to check out the website that white dove mentioned too.

Get back in the game, you can do it!

RNY on 6/25/15 Height 5.8 HW/SW 247 CW 142 (Normal BMI 21.5) GW 145

Hit my Goal on 5/1/2016 going for more...

Bres
on 4/23/16 1:03 pm

I was just reading about this.  There are treatments you get that create scar tissue around the stoma and make it smaller,  Also, you may be a candidate for a lap band.  There are other things too.  Look into it on google.

The Salty Hag
on 4/24/16 10:31 am
RNY on 05/20/13

Nope. Just because procedures like that exist doesn't mean they are a good idea.

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

Oxford Comma Hag
on 4/24/16 11:00 am

Intentionally creating scar tissue is a terrible idea.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 4/25/16 2:54 pm - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

Whatever you do, please do NOT consider revising to a lap band.

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

karin602
on 4/23/16 4:36 pm - MD
RNY on 07/30/13

You can get a revision surgery. When I was going to nutrition classes prior to surgery one woman was there to get hers revised because of weight gain. She needed to get back on track and commit totally to the process as you need to do now. I still track everything and measure every morsel. If you get back on track you can do this either with or without additional surgery. 

Karin

Kathyjs
on 4/23/16 5:10 pm

There is a revision surgery if something is wrong with your original surgery. People have success with the Fitbit? Tracks your food etc. I am 13 plus years out and still have to watch every bite I eat. It's not easy but you can lose again. I would start by writing down every single thing you eat and start from there. 

hop2bthin
on 4/23/16 10:39 pm - Florence, AL

I am checking out the revision surgery I know I can't do this every time I gain weight. But this time I feel I will have to do this to get back on track and then I will be back on track for the rest of my life. I have learned that I have to have the tool to HELP me keep the weight off.Not thinking it will do it on it's own I have to do my part also

hop2bthin

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 526 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 455 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 330 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 324 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 6 replies · 41 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?