DAILY NAUSEA

MARIAME
on 4/27/16 2:53 pm

I HAD RNY IN 2012 LOST LOTS OF WEIGHT BUT FOR THE PAST FEW MONTH I HAVE BEEN HAVING DAILY NAUSEA THE ENTIRE DAY

NOT GETTING BETTER WITH ZOFRAN NOR OMEPRAZOLE,  I FOUND OUT I HAVE A SLIDING HIETAL HERNIA AND THAT CAN BE THE CAUSE

OF MY EXCRUCIATING ABDOMINAL SPASMS.    HAS ANYONE HAD ANY PROBLEMS WITH THE NAUSEA  PLEASE LET ME KNOW I DONT KNOW

WHAT ELSE TO DO.......

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 4/27/16 3:25 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Have you spoken to a doctor?

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Heavens2Betsy
on 4/27/16 3:57 pm
RNY on 02/29/16

I'm so sorry - that sounds awful!  What did your doctor advise for your next steps?

Age: 55.  5' 8" SW 345 lbs.  RNY on 2/29/16 at UVA w/ Dr. Hallowell.     
Month 1 - 3/29/16: 319 (25 lbs. lost) | Month 2 - 4/27/16: 314 (5 lbs. lost) | 
Month 3 - 5/29/16: 303 (12 lbs. lost) | Month 4 - 6/28/16:  293 (10 lbs. lost)
Month 5 - 7/28/16: 289 (4 lbs lost) | Month 6 - 8/28/16: 282 (7 lbs. lost) |
Month 7 - 9/27/16: 278 (4 lbs lost)

MARIAME
on 4/27/16 9:26 pm

Another scan, the first one showed my dliding hernia, however my pouch has not increased. I get sick Everytime o eat, but I gave bever been able to vomit or burb.

ALL I'm Taking IS zofran, OMEPRAZOLE AND DICYCLOMINE

They don't know what it could be.

(deactivated member)
on 4/28/16 9:49 pm
Revision on 04/28/16

Hi,

Me too. Hernia, sounds like your classic case of intestinal strangulation, and a blockage. You need to get your hernia fixed before things get worse. I say that as I dealt with the same issue for years, and at this current time again. You can be doing so much more damage to your guts.

It can get much worse without treatment! I suffered for 7 months straight with it. Pain, cold sweats, nausea. Then I couldn't eat without vomiting, then I would smell cooking and only had acid to vomit. Malnutrition set in and I wasn't able to walk due to neuropathy, then unable to hold a pen. Yes, still seeing doctors who couldn't DX me. Tried to drug me up, saying I was anorexic, depressed (ya think!), My teeth started to break on toast.

My husband finally flipped out at my 3rd hospitalization in as many months, when they weighed me and I was 114 pounds @ 5'9"s and there was still no reason for my "mysterious illness."  He walked to the ER and his Gastrointologist came back to my room. He knew I had Open RNY in '99 and grabbed my chart. He soon wheeled me into Emergency surgery.

I was at a top Bariatric Hospital, but nobody in the ER thought to have any Bariatric doctor see me, because I was skinny, at that point emaciated. I always told everyone about my gastric bypass, and they would be shocked and ask why! Duh, I was morbidity obese. I told them about the acid eating thru my staple line after a year, they had all the tests and scans.

I was told how messed up my pouch was at 6 months post-op. I needed a revision at that time, but my surgeon wouldn't do it. He said because I had lost 100 pounds already, and he didn't want to do it, if and until I gained weight. I was young and dumb about the Health Care System then. Looking back I found out I was the 40-50th Bypass patient of his. I think a revision on me would have looked poorly to others, so he made me continue, unknown to me, to be The Queen of complications.

You need to advocate for yourself! A quick google of long term complications, and you will see how 99% of doctors do not know exactly which tests and blood works to order, and how to actually read our tests correctly. 

We are not and will never be like any other patient. It's sad to see, we have been different since the 1960's, and we still need to educate doctors and surgeons exactly how different we are. The most frustrating fact is most won't listen, until we bring out a bookmarked page on our phones.

I hope this helped.

(deactivated member)
on 4/28/16 9:50 pm
Revision on 04/28/16

Hi,

Me too. Hernia, sounds like your classic case of intestinal strangulation, and a blockage. You need to get your hernia fixed before things get worse. I say that as I dealt with the same issue for years, and at this current time again. You can be doing so much more damage to your guts.

It can get much worse without treatment! I suffered for 7 months straight with it. Pain, cold sweats, nausea. Then I couldn't eat without vomiting, then I would smell cooking and only had acid to vomit. Malnutrition set in and I wasn't able to walk due to neuropathy, then unable to hold a pen. Yes, still seeing doctors who couldn't DX me. Tried to drug me up, saying I was anorexic, depressed (ya think!), My teeth started to break on toast.

My husband finally flipped out at my 3rd hospitalization in as many months, when they weighed me and I was 114 pounds @ 5'9"s and there was still no reason for my "mysterious illness."  He walked to the ER and his Gastrointologist came back to my room. He knew I had Open RNY in '99 and grabbed my chart. He soon wheeled me into Emergency surgery.

I was at a top Bariatric Hospital, but nobody in the ER thought to have any Bariatric doctor see me, because I was skinny, at that point emaciated. I always told everyone about my gastric bypass, and they would be shocked and ask why! Duh, I was morbidity obese. I told them about the acid eating thru my staple line after a year, they had all the tests and scans.

I was told how messed up my pouch was at 6 months post-op. I needed a revision at that time, but my surgeon wouldn't do it. He said because I had lost 100 pounds already, and he didn't want to do it, if and until I gained weight. I was young and dumb about the Health Care System then. Looking back I found out I was the 40-50th Bypass patient of his. I think a revision on me would have looked poorly to others, so he made me continue, unknown to me, to be The Queen of complications.

You need to advocate for yourself! A quick google of long term complications, and you will see how 99% of doctors do not know exactly which tests and blood works to order, and how to actually read our tests correctly. 

We are not and will never be like any other patient. It's sad to see, we have been different since the 1960's, and we still need to educate doctors and surgeons exactly how different we are. The most frustrating fact is most won't listen, until we bring out a bookmarked page on our phones.

I hope this helped.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 481 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 441 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 445 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 394 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 110 views