Hernia / Ulcer / Oh the PAIN !!!!!!!! HELP

twooten
on 5/12/16 9:45 am - Loveland, CO

I am 5yrs post ..... and am having soo much pain...... Started 1 week ago with the worst heartburn of my life. and then started to increase and add in sharp throbbing fire ball through the chest pain that spreads across my chest .... (gallbladder already out) I went in tuesday to the ER and they did labs and a CT scan and showed no leaking contrast / barium in the ct scan but nothing else.... and told me to see my normal doc and get an Endoscope.... I have it set up on Tuesday the 17th ------- my doc who did my RNY is no longer in the state so i have to use my PCP to help me...... I would rather go through child birth then the waves of pain i have now. It is horrible. Before i could eat and have it feel better but now that doesnt help and it hurts even more when I eat, the pain hits when the food hits the end of my throat / top of my stomach.... I dont know if i need something stretched, or it is an ulcer or a hernia ..... they told me to take a ton of antacids but do you guys have any ideas or advice????

Tami HW: 288 / SW: 273 / SG: 187 GOAL REACHED / PG: 160
Kathyjs
on 5/12/16 10:56 am

Oh you poor thing. This is something that cant be solved here. I hope you find relief 

supershopper
on 5/12/16 12:17 pm

I've recently gone through an ulcer at 4 1/2 months out. Not sure what caused it but I was put on protonix and carafate 4x a day.

I also switched back to liquids for 2 weeks to help calm down the pouch and that might help you also.

hope you feel better soon, I actually thought i had hurt my back on vacation but it was actually the pain from the ulcer.

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

H.A.L.A B.
on 5/12/16 12:35 pm

google ulcer friendly diet... \

mild food... not too hot not too cold...  noting acidic..nothing fried.. no raw foods.... small qty...

I was eating antacid..  and eating small qty of cooked food - mostly  chicken with carrots .. 1 week...I took PPI 2-3 times a day... no coffee... or tea... 

I also slept on a recliner .... yea.. not cool..

FYI: they recommend whole grains for ulcers - but crackers are the easy carbs - that's why chicken soup with cooked veggies was my main food...  

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 524 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 451 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 318 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 324 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 122 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?