Life-changing

MassHockey
on 5/14/16 7:49 am

Spent a mement this morning thinking about how lucky I've been to have RNY.  I know sports/athletics arent everything but they are a metaphor for me, and certainly an indication of my overall attitude toward health and fitness.  The next 7 days for me include:

1) three hockey games.  I quit 4 years ago because I realized that I was often the worst player on the rink and it made me sad.  Im certainly not the best player on the rink since I returned a month ago....but Im holding my own and feel good after playing.

2) a 5k with my 13 year old daughter.  I've been taunting her for weeks, telling her that I'd beat her.  I dont think I will (she runs 7 minute miles) but its fun.  Suffice to say, 5k's were not an option last year.

3) an alumni baseball game.  A year ago, I would've been too embarrassed to even attend to watch.  This year I'm excited to see old friends and even try taking a few swings.

Ereiam
on 5/14/16 8:28 am
RNY on 05/16/16

Yay for RNY and the difference it's made in your life. Totally encouraging to me as I look down the road to a more active life.

Emiepie
on 5/14/16 8:36 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Sounds like you have some NSVs to embrace and celebrate! Congrats on your success.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

(deactivated member)
on 5/14/16 9:56 am

Congratulations. NSVs are the best. 

karenp8
on 5/14/16 4:21 pm - Brighton, IL

I love to read posts like this! I know exactly how you feel. I am thankful everyday for my surgery and love my daily 5k walks with my dog. Never could have done 1 mile before surgery and now 3.2 miles is a breeze!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 532 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 514 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 396 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 243 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 125 views
Recent Topics