Chronic Back Pain after surgery.

Focal
on 6/2/16 7:44 am - Peterborough, Canada

Hello Everyone,

Its been awhile since I posted, but I have been experiencing chronic back pain since I have lost the majority of my weight.

They have checked for any bone issues or disk issues but nothing seems to add up to why I am getting the pain.

I am trying to prolong the skin removal as long as I can but it may need to happen sooner rather then later.

Has anyone else had this issue?  Any other treatments other then the strength training, posture therapy, pain killers, braces etx that I am doing now?

Has anyone tried a steroid or something like that to help speed up muscle building and combat the muscle wasting as it seems to be a give some take some that I have been experiencing through the last 6-8 months. 

Referral from Family Doctor - November 4/13  |  Orientation date for HRRH - January 9/14  |  1st meeting with surgeon - January 30/14  |  Dietician, Registered Nurse, Social Worker Appointments – Feburary 10/14 | Second Dietician - March 11/14 | Dr Glazer - March 20/14 | Sleep Test - March 24/14 | Sleep Test Results - April 15/14 | 2nd Surgeon Appointment - May 13/14 | PATTS - September 30/14 | Surgery Date - October 21/14

aesposito
on 6/2/16 8:01 am

I have a severely degenerated disk that I had hoped losing weight would help.  Instead it got worse... my doc says it's because weighing over 300 pounds changed my center of balance, and then losing nearly 200 of that changed it again.  I have been able to help it with strength training, quitting running (I was so happy to be able to run after losing weight, but it eventually hurt too much so I switched to biking), and an occasional Norco when things get too bad.

Otherwise, I just have to live with it and maybe get surgery some day. 

In your case, have they checked nerve issues?  If bone and disk are coming up blank, you may be compressing a nerve somewhere.  Kidney problems can also cause back pain, as can a tumor, autoimmune issues, a spinal infection or muscle spasms.

Audrey

Highest weight: 340
Surgery weight: 313
Surgery date: 10/24/11
Current weight 170... 170 pounds lost!!!!

I am not a doctor, but I play one at work.

H.A.L.A B.
on 6/2/16 9:13 am

I go to chiropractor, get at least monthly acupuncture, plus natural herbal remedies.  I need to go back to yoga. Yoga really helped reset my balance and my posture. 

For any of those = make sure you find well qualified personnel - chiropractor, acupuncture and yoga instructor who knows how to adjust poses for someone with back issues...  

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 566 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 351 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 457 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 370 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 141 views
Recent Topics