Lean Ground Beef and Pork Loin Troubles

dog_hair_dinner
on 6/13/16 11:22 am
RNY on 03/01/16

Hello everyone.  This past week, I've been having some issues with puking my food back up.  The first incident was a ground beef patty.  I chewed 20-30 times per bite and took 1-2 minutes in between bites.  It took me half an hour to get the patty down.  Then it all came back up.  Super-dry puke is officially the worst so far.  

Two days later, I ate some oven-roasted pork loin.  Same problem.

Is there anything I can do to these meats to make them settle better, or should I just accept that these are things I cannot eat?

Is it perhaps the fact that these were lean meats that made them difficult to digest?

karenp8
on 6/13/16 11:54 am - Brighton, IL

Most likely they were too lean and therefore not moist enough. I don't use lean ground beef anymore but just go for the stand grind or ground chuck instead. If you prefer the leaner meats you will have to serve with some sort of sauce. I use a mustard base BBQ sauce when I eat pork and it is pretty yummy. I can't eat chicken breast anymore either and have switched to thighs instead as they are much more moist. When I cck pork loin I do it in the crock pot with broth or some sort of juice too. You no longer have the acid and juices in your stomach to help with the first part of swallowing and digestion.

Steven354
on 6/14/16 4:26 am

When I had the band the same was true. Could not eat pork. Veal or chicken breast   Had to eat fish rare. Burgers very rare. Soft everything. 

White Dove
on 6/13/16 11:56 am - Warren, OH

Ground beef is tough meat that they grind up to make it edible.  You are not ready to eat it yet.  The beef I eat is generally filet cooked medium rare.

I put pork loin in the crock pot with sauerkraut and cook on low for at least eight hours. 

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Grim_Traveller
on 6/13/16 12:25 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

Ground meats are tough. They are inexpensive, and are ground because they aren't fit to eat otherwise. A nice tender filet is going to sit a lot easier than ground beef.

Pork is also difficult. It tends to be drier and tougher than other meats. Chicken can usually take a while too, especially the leaner white meat.

Try a beef tenderloin. Or deli meats, sliced really thin. It's moist, and went down best for me at your stage.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 6/13/16 4:04 pm - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

I can't eat pork loin or chops.  Too lean.  I opt for a pork shoulder or butt and cook it salsa verde style in a slow cooker, then shred the meat.

I rarely eat hamburger either.  If I'm going the beef route, gimme some steak!

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

cabin111
on 6/13/16 5:01 pm

With RNY, you never know what your pouch will object to.  It will always be a test and see...Most testing should be done at home.  Also with something new...Take a small amount.  Chew it well...Wait 5-10 minutes.  Say "OK pouch...Here is something new.  Do you like this??  Do you want more??"  Your pouch is in control...Not you!!  You wait the 5-10 minutes and if the pouch is in a good mood (bye not making your heart beat fast and giving you a flushing feeling) you continue to eat it.

In general pork, deer, and bear are the hardest meats to digest.  Beef more people can handle...Some can never go back to beef.  Others walk away for a few months then come back to it and test it again.  It is a trial and error method that takes months.

If and when you start testing sugar (NOT ADVISING YOU GO THERE), you will see how much you can handle and how much will make to semi dump or dump.

For right now you may want to stick with these things for your protein; milk, yogurt, whey protein isolate, cheese, turkey, chicken, tuna, egg, (maybe try raw nuts...But that might be later in a few months)...Thing like raw almonds, walnuts, sunflower seeds (chew all these well to a puree form).  Below I'll post a thing about dumping...It has been really helpful to me.  Brian

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 473 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 425 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 325 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?