2 years and counting

Michele1az
on 9/12/16 11:38 am - Mesa, AZ
RNY on 08/26/13

Hi! It has been awhile since I have been on.

I never lost more than 110lbs, in the first 6 months or so. Now I am up 15 lbs from that. How all these people go from 300lbs to 150lbs is wonderfully crazy because that did not work for me. I went from 330 to 220. I went from size 22 to size 14, but nothing less. I know I eat more than I should. I eat carbs and sugar (only during the night), this is something that only happened after the surgery. I love salty, but crave sugars while sleeping. I swear I sleep eat. This is only post surgery. Aaggh! 

I never exercised, but I am starting now, twice a week, but I swear that I have gained 5lbs since exercising. Originally, I was almost off my blood pressure meds, but slowly I am back up to high dosage. I am on 120mg of Cymbalta, so I was wondering if that hinders my weight loss, too. My thyroid is pretty stable, which is good. 

Just feeling down. I love my weight loss, but wish I could have been down to 150, like everyone else. At this point 170 sounds great to me. 

Thanks for listening/reading. 

Michele

Michele in Arizona

Surgery:8-26-13

melissasue1982
on 9/12/16 12:09 pm
RNY on 04/06/15

At 6 months, for me, is when it started getting harder.  Before that point I didnt even think about not eating on plan, it had no draw for me.  But at 6 months was when the dreaded HEAD HUNGER came back for me.  I just had to tell that ***** to BACK OFF, it is HARD....it is still really really hard!

Go back to basics, protein protein protein, very little carbs and drink lots of water!  If you aren't already, start tracking EVERYTHING that goes in your mouth, weight and measure your food.  THIS alone will make a huge difference.

We have a daily menu thread that is AMAZING, and really helps a lot!

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

Renren
on 9/12/16 1:28 pm
VSG on 12/02/15

You may not want to hear this, but stop eating sugar. It stinks for a couple of weeks, then it's over. When I completely stopped the sweets my cravings for other stuff went away too. Consider giving it a try. It will make losing so much easier. 

5'2.5" Surgery date/ 12-02-15 Dr.Valentine Boise ID

Highest:289 SW/212 CW 122

Goal/125-130

Goal reached at 10 months

Michele1az
on 9/12/16 2:52 pm - Mesa, AZ
RNY on 08/26/13

I know. I try. I never craved sugar before the surgery, now I only want it at night. Weird.

Michele in Arizona

Surgery:8-26-13

Daisydoo02
on 9/12/16 3:44 pm - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Hi Michelle, congrats on the weight you did lose, that is something to be proud of.  

Now is the time to put your big girl panties on (figure of speech of course) and pull up your socks and get tough.  You are stuck in a sugar/carb rut.  The more you eat it the more your body craves it.  Why do you think you eat it at night but not during the day.  Are you eating nothing but protein during the day and only carbs & sugar at night. I suspect you are eating carbs and sugar all day and it just gets worse at night because the cravings are so bad.

Working out is great, its wonderful for mental & emotional health, you won't lose weight, you will probably tone up nice but not lose weight. If you truly want to lose weight I know that you know what to do.  You HAVE to ditch the sugar and carbs and go all protein until you have detoxed off the crap.  You also said "I eat more than I should." So that leads me to believe you don't weigh or measure your food and you don't use a food tracking site like MFP (MyFitnessPal).  Well you need to get back to the basics.  Weigh, measure, track and protein forward, protein at each meal and cut out all carbs and sugar.  

You know you can do it, you were successful once and you can be successful again!  Feel free to join us on the accountability thread "What's on the menu today RNYers" its a great bunch of supportive people who will give you open and honest feedback and help you through the wrong days ahead. 

I wish you the best and I have my fingers crossed for your success!

Daisy

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

Oxford Comma Hag
on 9/12/16 3:46 pm

I don't follow an exercise regimen. I move around a lot because I have three dogs, a garden, and a house to maintain inside and out. What has helped me lose and keep off 150 pounds is strict calorie counting. Too many calories equals gain. I eat protein first. If I have room left, I eat some non-starchy veggies. I avoid carbs, fruits, and sugary crap. The more I stick to protein and a few veggies, the less hungry I feel and the less I want crap food.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 365 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 300 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 388 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 400 views