stomach pain after surgery

hotmom48
on 11/2/16 5:58 pm

I had my surgery 5 years ago and i lost about 150 pounds but I also have been having stomach pains during meal times ever since.. I have told my doctor and they did the scopes but they say nothing is wrong... I was wondering i saw a article about the opening from the throat and the stomach being to small and that can cause the pain i have.. Has anyone else heard of this?  I have a hard time eating protein, but the soft junk goes down fine so alot of the time i pick those because i am tired of the pain..... any advice or comments are welcome..

H.A.L.A B.
on 11/3/16 4:25 am

Having pain every time after eating is not normal. 

But ..I do have pain after eating when I eat too fast, I don't chew enough..or simply eat too much for that meal or that day. I have large pouch days and small pouch days. 

On a small pouch day I can eat about 1/2 of what I can eat on a large pouch days. 

And there is also different type of pain. If I eat food I have allergy or intolerance to - my pouch hurts. 

If the food is too cold - it hurts. If it is too hot... It hurts..  Just because I really like drinking hot tea or coffee - it does not mean my pouch does. 

There was also different pain AFTER I ate when I had hernia, or just twisted intestine, or even pain due to gas, constipation or IBS.  Or gallbladder- liver pain... 

You need to write down what type of pain you have, when do you have it... How long it lasts..etc... And you need to find a good doc - baritric surgery doc or a very good gastro who can help you figure out why you are hurting.... 

Post op RNY I got SIBO that is causing IBS-C... Now if I eat food that agrevates the condition - I pay for it. 

Google SIBO..if you need to know more. Having RNY makes us prone to have that. And Candida.  

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 502 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 449 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 304 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 324 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 122 views
Recent Topics