The good and the bad

Sunqueen15
on 11/28/16 8:10 pm
RNY on 03/21/16

I hope everyone had a fantastic holiday! I sure did... and I would like to share a NSV with you but because I am not perfect and this journey isn't always roses, I'll also share some faults I've come across in myself lately. 

So good news first... A couple months ago I joined our local YMCA and hired a trainer because I literally need someone to kick my butt in order for me to be motivated about ANY kind of exercise. I despise exercise. I gave myself this crazy personal goal of dead-lifting 225 lbs by Christmas and although its looking impossible, I'm still working towards it. But sometimes my posture is off and the trainer suggested I wear a lifting belt. He couldn't find a single one small enough for me in the whole gym and let me use his personal one which was still roomy. I was literally glowing after that experience...since when does someone not have something SMALL enough for me?! Well, since now because I then went to purchase some clothes on Sunday and everything I wanted I could not get in a small enough size! woot woot!!! 

OK OK...now the bad- THIS IS A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT-- drink your freakin water!!! Tons and tons of it, add miralax to nearly everything you drink, and pop a pill if you haven't pooped in a week... I almost died today... I was shaking, crying, and thought for sure that a coworker would find my skeletal remains in the bathroom stall at work. No lie, its not a joke, just drink drink drink...

Oh and I also ate a bite of everything offered at Thanksgiving, slacked on my protein the last couple of days, and need to get off my high horse...honeymoon is almost over and I can't screw this up. Thanks for listening...oh and one more GOOD thing! I shot my first buck today! I've been hunting for 5 years and I have never had the opportunity to get a good shot at something I was allowed to. Take care everyone :-) 

pammieanne
on 11/29/16 8:13 am - OK
RNY on 05/16/16

Way to go! I bet it's a great feeling when everything is too big on you! I haven't gotten there yet, but maybe one day...

Height 5'5" HW 260 SW 251 CW 141.6 (2/27/18)

RNY 5-16-16 Pre-Op 9lbs, M1-18.5lbs, M2-18.1lbs, M3-14.8lbs, M4-10.4lbs, M5-9.2lbs, M6-7lbs, M7-6.2lbs, M8-8.8lbs,M9-7.8lbs, M10-1 lb, M11-.6lbs, M12-4.4lbs

Sunqueen15
on 11/29/16 4:21 pm
RNY on 03/21/16

It truly is shocking when it happens because it happens so quickly and your mind never seems to catch up. I'll always be overweight in my own mind and look terribly heavy. People call me skinny and tell me to stop losing or I'll look sick and I can't help but be super annoyed about it! I'm still a major work in progress and cheat way more often than I should. 

lizz122964
on 11/29/16 9:09 am

Congratulations on all of your successful achievements . You must feel wonderful . Good advice on the water drinking . And yes miralax , Restoralax here in Canada is my best friend . I take it daily . Again congratulations . 

Heather P.
on 11/29/16 12:23 pm

Congrats congrats congrats!  Being small is awesome!  

On the bathroom thing, I have been there done that!  Water is sooooo important!

Ht 5'7" HW 406, SW 361

RNY 3/28/16

Daisydoo02
on 11/29/16 6:12 pm - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

I love your NSV, how awesome is that. You deserve to feel proud of that one!  And so awesome you got over your hate of exercise, look you training and having a goal, and ummmmmmmm 225 lbs of dead light, WOWZERS girl, that's amazing!

Yes I second the drinking water, its a hard (yes pun intended) lesson to learn and getting backed up is no joke, not to mention the pain. I also take Miralax (Restoralax in Canada) daily, I have been severely constipated a few times since surgery and I won't go back there, no way!

Holidays, vacations, special occasions are hard, no doubt but you are super aware and are getting back at it, that's great. Wow I would say shooting your first Buck is also an NS, that's exciting!  So everyone over to Sunqueens' house for Venison steaks!!

Keep up the great work!

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

Sunqueen15
on 11/30/16 3:21 am
RNY on 03/21/16

Thanks so much for the encouragement and kind words!!! Love a good reason to smile early in the morning 

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 424 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 279 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?