14 weeks out and first plateau :o(

gbarron56
on 1/28/17 11:09 am, edited 1/28/17 11:10 am
RNY on 10/20/16

I knew it was inevitable! I've done so well and it was such a thrill to weigh every morning and visually see those numbers going down. At first ten or more pounds a week, and then it slowed down to 5-6 pounds a week and then kind of leveled out at about 4 pounds a week. For the first time since my surgery, I've gone 8 days now and haven't lost an ounce. I know it's not the end of the world and I will continue to lose weight but it sure is a devastating feeling ... it makes me want to fill my mouth with chips and cookies! I know it's irrational but I have this fear that this is it, this is the end, this is all I'm going to be able to lose or even worse, I'm going to gain it all back. My mind is playing games and wreaking havoc on my positive thinking. I know from all the things you all have shared on this board that these are normal feelings, reactions and setbacks. Thank you for preparing me for this moment and for showing me this can be done. I just need to stick with the plan and hang in there and keep reminding myself that I can do this too!

Gretchen Barron

HW 410; SW 378, RNY October 20, 2016

Monthly WL: M1=40 lbs; M2=28 lbs; M3=18 lbs; M4=8 lbs; M5=12 lbs;

Loril1963
on 1/28/17 11:38 am
RNY on 10/28/16

Your just plateauing now? It's all good, I've plateaued a couple of times. But your reaction is excately like mine, i'm so scared this is it I won't lose anymore. Of course we will. The only difference is when I stop losing for a while it makes me want to eat less!  That's not a good reaction and just solidifies my eating disorder and why I don't have a health connection to food. We are a work in progress. 

Its always good to post here, I learn everyday

peachpie
on 1/28/17 12:24 pm - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

I probably wrote the same exact post when I was nearing 6 months post op. I was just panicked since I'd heard so much about the honeymoon ending and hunger returning. Just be flexible and keep learning to adapt to the new normal. You'll meet many new normals between now and maintenance.

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 428 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 383 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 426 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 291 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 410 views