Unexplained weight loss after WLS

Simplyb
on 4/27/17 7:36 am
RNY on 04/12/17

You are correct, ALL unexplained weight loss should be thoroughly investigated.

I recently and quite suddenly lost a very dear and friend, who should have known what her weight loss meant.

She instead revelled in her sudden weight loss and attributed it to a new medication that she was taking for new onset diabetes, and we congratulated her and moved on.

We should have second guessed her sudden and flattering weight loss.

She was a nurse and a damned good one, she worked daily with other nurses and doctors and we all accepted her explaination as a side effect of the medication.

I am glad you were able to get the help you needed, and thank you for posting this.

it is important to remember that unexplained weight loss is never normally the good thing we wi**** was.

Surgery: RNY April 12/2017 - Humber River Hospital

Current Weight: 225 lbs

siberiancat
on 4/27/17 8:42 am - COLUMBIA CITY, IN

Sorry to hear of your diagnosis and glad that it was stage 0. Thanks for the reminder, Nic.

Penny

Penny
Highest Weight 255  * Wt loss includes 19 lb lost before surgery

GmaDiana
on 4/27/17 9:43 am

So sorry no one would listen to you.Glad they caught it early.Thank you for the warning to all of us.I have learned if not getting the answers then keep going until you do.Praying for you as you go through treatment.

Cleopatra_Nik
on 4/27/17 10:04 am - Baltimore, MD

Thank you so much! My treatment is done thankfully. I elected to have a bilateral mastectomy. I do have one more breast reconstruction surgery to undergo (on May 10) but otherwise I'm doing well. This was last year that this all went down and I'm just very thankful it was caught so early.

Thank you again for your kind words.

RNY Gastric Bypass 1-8-08 350/327/200 (HW/SW/CW). I spend most of my time playing with my food over at Bariatric Foodie - check me out!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 562 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 331 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 453 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 368 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 331 views