Help with that fullness feeling

IceCreamDivorce
on 5/2/17 10:19 pm

I had clearance to eat solids in week 5 . I really started in week 6. I have a protein shake every day but I also have a scrambled egg for breakfast 3 mornings /week. I have fish ( tilapia or salmon) , chicken and lean ground turkey. So yes, I'm very familiar with that "full feeling" from dense protein. That's why I was worried when it stopped.

No trees were harmed to bring you this message, however, several ions were greatly inconvenienced. 

ScottAndrews
on 5/3/17 5:51 am
RNY on 03/20/17

Maybe you're just doing it right? I'm just a couple of weeks behind you and I can't say I ever feel full. It's either I eat and feel nothing or I eat and feel like I swallowed a baseball

And 30lbs in 60 days is nothing to sneeze at. Do that in the real world and theyd give you a medal.

i look at a lot of the monthly weight loss figures in here. I see mostly mid 30's totals in the first 2 months. Personally I see this as a marathon and not a sprint.

Erin T.
on 5/2/17 6:31 pm
VSG on 01/17/17

I had the sleeve, but sometimes when I eat my 2oz portion I feel my restriction and sometimes I don't. I think we need to learn that full doesn't equal that tight feeling.

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

IceCreamDivorce
on 5/3/17 2:32 pm

Thanks for the replies girls and guys. You all have me feeling much better about it all again.

No trees were harmed to bring you this message, however, several ions were greatly inconvenienced. 

M. P.
on 5/3/17 3:48 pm
RNY on 03/07/17

Hi!

I had my surgery on 3/7/17, so one day after you. I also don't have that tight/full feeling anymore, really not since the first couple of weeks. But then, when I first started adding purees my surgeons orders were a tablespoon at a time and my pouch was used to having constant liquids so that amount didn't feel uncomfortable. Before surgery I used to eat until I felt that full/satiated feeling. Sometimes I feel disappointed after meals because I don't get that feeling from my meals anymore. For me, I think the fear is about not having a safety net incase I start making bad choices and eating too much. I think the best we can do it try and acknowledge the mental/emotional stuff and work on thinking of food as fuel and nothing else to break the eating for comfort/pleasure trend. At least, that is what I am trying to do. I knew their would be some emotional baggage post op, but man, the mental stuff is just as much work as the diet and exercise!

Good luck to you!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 565 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 343 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 457 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 370 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 4 replies · 21 views