Seven months post RNY and losing again!

gbarron56
on 5/26/17 11:01 am
RNY on 10/20/16

hi OH friends ... I'm now 7 months post surgery. After 2-3 months+ of hardly losing any weight (would stall out for 2-3 weeks and then occasionally lose a few pounds before the next stall), I now seem to be in an active losing phase again, dropping 4-6 pounds a week, similar to a couple months after surgery. Anyone else have this same type experience? I'm not complaining, mind you, just wasn't expecting any more rapid weight loss periods. I'm thrilled. It also seems that in the last couple of weeks, I'm losing inches more rapidly than ever. Clothes that I just bought are already baggy. Again, not complaining, just surprised. Hope to hear back from those of you with more and longer experience. Maybe it's because I'm getting more active or maybe it's because my body just needed to regulate itself and get used to the new weight. I've now lost nearly 160 pounds, including what I lost pre-surgery! Thrilled, but puzzled!

Gretchen Barron

HW 410; SW 378, RNY October 20, 2016

Monthly WL: M1=40 lbs; M2=28 lbs; M3=18 lbs; M4=8 lbs; M5=12 lbs;

chula82
on 5/26/17 12:03 pm
RNY on 12/21/16

that is wonderful!! I am almost 6 months post op and for the past 3 weeks have not lost a single pound. Hopefully my weight loss picks up soon as well.

Patty R.
on 5/26/17 12:20 pm - Harrisville, RI
RNY on 09/08/16

I've been a similar pattern of plateau--drop a few, etc. I hope to rev things up again. As with you, the size seems to be decreasing. Why is it so damned important to me to see the number go down on the scale.

You have done an awesome job!!

Kathy1212
on 5/27/17 8:56 am

Wow, you're doing great! I have no idea why the weight loss goes in stages like that, but how nice to know that the early weight losses can come back!

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

1st Day of (3 weeks worth of) Optifast: Jan. 11, 2017

Surgery Date: Feb. 1st, 2017

Kathy  

NANNY13
on 5/27/17 4:30 pm
WLS on 12/21/15

I would lose weight weirdly. It was like this for me before surgery also. For 3 weeks I would stay the same weight. The 4th week within a 48 hour period I would lose a ton of weight. I would know it was coming because a couple of days before I would be extremely tired. It was like my body was fighting losing that weight. No stressing over it. I was at goal in 6 months. Your body will lose. I think some of us ( myself included) are concerned that we would be the only 1 that this bypass did not work for.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 533 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 523 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 407 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 263 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 126 views
Recent Topics