Gallbladder sludge

MsKitty12345
on 6/10/17 11:50 pm
RNY on 12/05/16

Was having pain in my side and an ultrasound revealed gallbladder sludge. Has anyone had this problem, and did it clear or did you end up losing your gallbladder? Currently taking Orso 3x daily.

MsKitty...

Karen9849
on 6/11/17 5:51 am

My daughter had sludge and it's as bad as a stone. Time to say goodbye to your gallbladder. You will feel so much better once it's out.

Best of luck

RNY 9/14/16  - Start Weight 192, Goal Weight 125

White Dove
on 6/11/17 6:16 am - Warren, OH

Get it taken out now or wait until you are in unbearable pain and have it taken out in emergency surgery. It won't get better, it will get worse.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

ScottAndrews
on 6/11/17 6:41 am
RNY on 03/20/17

When you have stones, one can block the duct that the bile travels through and then you have a gallbladder attack. They occur almost exclusively at night after dinner.

When you eat something with fat the brain tells the gallbladder to contract adding bile to your intestine but if the duct is blocked that bile has nowhere to go and the gallbladder becomes gorged. The pain this causes is off the charts. I've read online where women say childbirth was less painful. Stones can also get stuck further down the duct blocking the exit for the pancreas and that can lead to a very dangerous situation

The everyday gnawing pain is usually inflammation. It's certainly not great to have an inflamed organ.

My RNY journey began with my gallbladder. I was talking with the surgeon I picked to take it out and I asked him if my belly fat was going to be an issue for him. We started talking about that and he sort of matter of factory asked if I had ever considered weight loss surgery.

The urso should make your bile thinner. Give it some time and see if that inflammation goes away. The attacks is what usually sends people to the OR. When I had my RNY my roommate just had an emergency gallbladder removal after his 1st attack. He had a slight rupture.

Many people have gallstones and never experience any symptoms.

One thing I will say is that my GI system seemed to improve after I had it out. The surgery itself is cake compared to RNY. I think I was in and out in under 5 hours.

H.A.L.A B.
on 6/11/17 10:09 am

We were not made with spare parts. GB but only hold the bile, but as they start discovering more and more - it is also responsible for more functions. Very important functions.

Save it if you can. I wish i saved me.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 503 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 450 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 318 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 324 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 122 views
Recent Topics