Dazzle me with your favourite post op meals

Dundreggen
on 6/29/17 8:52 am - Canada

So I am down almost 90 pounds and am fitting into clothes that are much smaller than the last time I saw this number. (I am right at 200 pounds and am wearing clothes that fit when I was last 180-170)

However the weight loss has slowed to a crawl and I think that is in part to not making as good of food choices as I was. But I am so sick of eating the same things over and over. Who knew I could sick of steak! Seriously it was my most favourite food in the world. I don't think I can look at another egg and bacon makes me want to puke :( I am 7 months out, still feeling a lot of restriction in the amount I can eat. Just having a hard time wanting to eat what I should. Perhaps I need to dress it up?

Can you all inspire me with some of your favourite meals? Please :D

Referral TWH: Sept 2015 Orientation: Nov 2015 Social Worker: Jan 2016 Nurse practitioner: Feb 2016 Nutrition (group): Mar 2016 Nutritionist: May 2016 Psych: May 2016 Meeting with Surgeon: July 2016 Surgery!: Nov 2016

So far 80 pounds lost!

slightlyrocky
on 6/29/17 9:58 am - Titusville, FL
RNY on 05/02/17

I am sitting here at my desk staring at a perfectly cooked leftover grilled filet mignon wrapped with bacon with roasted parmesan asparagus that I warmed up for lunch. I took one bite of it and almost puked! I used to love steak but I guess I don't anymore! I will take it home and put some veggies with it and make some sort of hash I guess. So you are not alone! Take a look at the blog "the world according to eggface". She had a bypass and posts recipes for all of the stages. Hope you find something you like!

Dcgirl
on 6/29/17 10:04 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

I have too many to count! Lots are simple and basic - I love the Amy's andouille chicken sausage from Costco (either on a foil covered pan in the toaster oven or on the grill) with some dijon mustard, Trader Joe's chili lime chicken burgers, chicken tenders on the grill with whatever seasoning, and maybe a slice of pepper or onion on the grill. I also love to do a Mexican meatloaf with ground turkey, egg, shredded Mexican cheese and some spices. Or turkey burgers made with olive oil and a bit of breadcrumbs. I also do a lot of ground turkey with taco seasoning, cheese, sour cream. I love shrimp sautéed in a pan with pesto. I love crab cakes. I get dover sole (mild white fish fillets) at Trader Joe's in the freezer section and saute them with lemon and butter and minced garlic. If it's been a while since I have been to the store, I open a can of tuna and mix it with mayo, salt, pepper, and either diced onion or diced dill pickle. I also sometimes hard boil eggs and make egg salad with mayo, salt, pepper and cayenne pepper. And sometimes I buy pre-made sauces and do stir fries with sugar snap peas and chicken breast and the sauce.

Dress up your protein and hopefully it won't be boring!

Theduffman27
on 6/29/17 10:08 am
VSG on 11/19/14

Do you prefer turkey over beef, or do it to save calories? Great choices BTW, I have tried the sausages and chili lime burgers at your recommendation and loved them. I wish I had a TJ's that was closer....

Dcgirl
on 6/29/17 10:57 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

I probably should have said, I don't eat red meat (just a long-time preference, nothing to do with culture or religion or anything more than I just never liked it, even as a kid). I have my BF on the ground turkey train and while he does notice a difference in things like chili or meatloaf or burgers, he says he prefers it with turkey now :) So hey, he might just be saying that to be nice, but I'll take it! LOL!

Theduffman27
on 6/29/17 11:19 am
VSG on 11/19/14

I am going to try substituting turkey, I am going to try to make "Buffalo chicken meatballs" with ground chicken and am anxious to see how they turn out.

Your BF is a wise man! LOL

cc583
on 6/29/17 11:34 am - Middletown, CT
VSG on 09/28/16

Hey Mike,

I have made turkey meatballs for the past few years as wells as a mix of turkey and chicken. Both are really good. If you are looking for them to be a little more moist you can always buy the turkey or chicken that has a higher fat content. It's made with white and dark meat. I have only made the buffalo chicken meatballs a few time because my wife doesn't like spicy stuff but they were really good! I think you will like them a lot.

Make sure you go heavier on the spices and herbs because they are bland meats. Good Luck! Please let me know what you think of them.

5'5" HW: 484, SW: 455,CW: 325

Surgeon, Darren Tishler

Theduffman27
on 6/29/17 12:54 pm
VSG on 11/19/14

Thanks - I will try them!

Dcgirl
on 6/29/17 11:38 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

I have made turkey meatballs and I also made buffalo chicken meatballs with ground chicken and they were great! I always buy 93/7 meat - the 99% fat free ground turkey and chicken is just WAY too lean. It needs the fat to be delicious. Just make sure to add spices and cheese for deliciousness :)

And yes, I believe my BF is a wise man...he may miss ground beef but he pretends he doesn't ;)

Theduffman27
on 6/29/17 12:56 pm
VSG on 11/19/14

Thanks for the tips, anxious to try the buffalo meatballs....I love wings...I think the MB would be a wiser choice!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 543 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 527 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 416 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 299 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 129 views
Recent Topics