Any idea what's wrong?!

Beyl689
on 7/5/17 12:08 pm - Gonzales, LA
RNY on 07/11/13

Ok, I'm 4 years post op rny, and probably a year out began having really bad aching, stabbing severe heartburnish pain spells right at the top of my ribcage, under my right breast. The pain will come and take over my entire chest to my back and probably last 15 minutes at a time. it literally takes my breath away and I get the sweats. It started out of the blue one day and would happen about twice a day for a few days then didn't happen for a few. the drs found ulcers so we assumed that's what caused it. I haven't had that pain since we started treating the ulcers but 3 years later the ulcers never healed. So anyway. What I'm getting to is, we decided to go in and do a revision and remove the part of the stomach with the ulcers. That was June 27th, a week ago..so no more ulcers but I'm at home sitting around and the same thing just hit me, has happened twice today, lasted about 15 minutes where I was laying over the top of the couch trying to breathe through it and sweating my butt off. Sorry this is so long and I did message my dr and waiting to see her response but wanted to get yalls opinion or if any experienced this. TIA!

Writergurl08
on 7/5/17 12:36 pm
RNY on 02/15/18

Have your gallbladder checked? I had mine out over a year ago (haven't had WLS yet), but the attacks sound like what I had. I haven't had a single episode since having it removed.

Beyl689
on 7/5/17 12:56 pm - Gonzales, LA
RNY on 07/11/13

They thought the same thing the first go round, but ruled it out. Might have o get it rechecked

jackiepicard
on 7/5/17 6:28 am - Middletown, CT
RNY on 08/02/16 with

Sounds like gallbladder, I went through the very same thing with my gallbladder about 15 yrs ago.

Amy R.
on 7/5/17 3:29 pm

I'm sure you had to get a cardiac clearance prior to the revision? If not you may want to check with one. Just to be sure.

Heart issues feel like so many other things and in women especially they go undiagnosed/misdiagnosed until something bad happens. NOT saying that's what's up with you, but you may to check. Fibrillations aren't always immediately fatal.

Hope you get it figured out soon. Random pain just sucks.

MsKitty12345
on 7/5/17 6:56 pm
RNY on 12/05/16

Just had gallbladder removal surgery and you are describing my pain. Get it checked again!

MsKitty...

supershopper
on 7/6/17 4:39 am

this same pain started with me 3 month out. was treated as if it was an ulcer. however my GB was sludged and I had to get it out.

I still an having some pain on my right side under ribcage and across the intestines area. it spreads to my kidney area also. I'm going to have a special test to see if I have stones someplace causing it. It is spurred on by eating solid foods for me.

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

QC_Blondie
on 7/6/17 8:05 am
Revision on 05/23/17

I agree with the cardiac check in case you haven't had one. Also have your gallbladder rechecked. I was having similar pains and I thought it was from my hernia, that the repair had failed again. My dr had an ultrasound done and the gallbladder looked ok. Next I had a barium swallow and my hernia repair had slipped. Two weeks later I ended up in the ER with severe chest pain, etc. They did a CT scan and found my gallbladder was full of massive stones. This was maybe 4 weeks after the ultrasound and they couldn't see anything with it. So definitely have both checked out!

I hope you feel better soon! Keep us posted

White Dove
on 7/6/17 8:35 am - Warren, OH

I had the same thing for three months. I went to the emergency room and passed the EKG and echocardiogram. They kept in the hospital on a heart monitor for three days and found no problems. They did find sludge in my gallbladder and determined that as the cause of the pain.

They said that as long as I was in the hospital anyway, they would do a nuclear stress test.

The results of that were a blockage in my heart arteries. I was scheduled for a stent to be placed.

They were not able to do that because my blood vessels are so small. Then they did a triple bypass.

The pain ended. I did get the gallbladder out six months later.

Heart pain in women is often misdiagnosed. Get things checked out.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Just Ducky - The
Meditative Hag

on 7/7/17 7:37 pm - Belleville, IL

Sounds like Gallbladder to me...You might not have "stones" but sludge and gallbladder attacks. I had my gallbladder removed and my symptoms were nothing like anyone elses...Bottom line is only YOU know your not feeling good! Talk to you Bariatric surgeon and tell him/her to remove it if necessary. It is a useless organ anyway.

Warmly,

Jackie

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 486 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 446 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 454 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 397 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?