Underweight or holding at weight goal CHALLENGEs

Tammy Douglas
on 7/6/17 9:46 am - Los Angeles, CA

Care to share?

NYMom222
on 7/6/17 10:46 am
RNY on 07/23/14

I'm not sure exactly what you're looking for. But I will say maintenance is harder than losing the weight.

There's the mental part and then there's the physical part. The mental part is not beating myself up in the small fluctuations, and when there's larger fluctuations getting my butt in gear to get back into my maintenance zone. Dense protein, a few green veggies, keep the carbs low, drink lots of fluids.

For me what keeps me honest, is weighing myself every morning. Some people think that's not good, but that's what works for me. That way if the scale is moving in the wrong direction for too many days in a row, I can analyze what I'm doing and stop doing it.

When I'm home, I still do some of the what may seem as inconsequential things, of using small plates, salad fork, weighing my food and measuring as much as possible things like that.

I am also for the most part stuck to planning my food ahead for the day. Doesn't mean it doesn't change, but I always feel more in control when I've thought about my day and what food is in front of me and what I have available to me. But if something comes up or changes that's OK too.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 7/6/17 11:12 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I agree with Cynthia 100%. I do all these things, mostly because the successful maintaining vets do most or all of these. I read and absorbed what they said before I hit maintenance (I thought I was there 10 months ago but ended up about 10 pounds lower and have been maintaining at that weight for 7 months now).

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Just Ducky - The
Meditative Hag

on 7/7/17 7:26 pm - Belleville, IL

As others have said, not sure what your looking for.. BEFORE surgery I was nearly 300 lbs, now I can barely stay at 115 (I am 5'3) I have pancreatitis, hypoglycemia and also anemia (No matter what the Dr's do) I also developed epilepsy about 4 years after my surgery. So yes, I have a very, very hard time keeping any weight on, and there is nothing the Dr's/Bariatric surgeon or Gastroenterologist can do. ...However, I will take the UNDERWEIGHT over being 300 lbs.

BEFORE BEFORE 298 and after 112

I bounce around between 105 and 112 I have been this way ever since surgery.

Warmly,

Jackie

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 530 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 462 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 343 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 161 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?