Anyone have IBS/recurrent gastritis pre surgery?

minaque2
on 7/24/17 1:11 pm

I'm wondering how things will be after surgery. I know everyone is different but I'm curious about other's experiences regardless.

(deactivated member)
on 7/24/17 3:09 pm

I had or have IBS. It was worse before surgery. I knew where every bathroom was in every store. I do get constipated sometimes. But that is pretty normal for people who have WLS.

I just take Miralax. It helps.

TriniShel
on 7/25/17 5:16 am - Toronto, ON
RNY on 07/12/17

I am 13 days post op today and was readmitted to hospiital 4 days post op with IB really bad. Was in there for 6 days. Now it is the opposite issue...lol. I have seen on the forum that it is very common tho. For me is was a residual medication issue and Lactose. We think i went from Lactose sensitivity to complete intolerance.

You will be just fine.

Shel

HW:340,CW:267,SW:281

1stDay(3 weeks)OptiFast-June 21,2017 - 292lbs :Surgeon:Dr.Laz V.Klein, Humber River. Surgery Date: July 12,2017

* I am not loosing weight, I am getting rid of it... I have no intention of finding it again

CerealKiller Kat71
on 7/25/17 7:20 am
RNY on 12/31/13

I was told I had IBS-D -- for years, I had varying levels of diarrhea multiple times per day.

Keep in mind, during those years, I was at varying levels of diabetes as well. It started with gestational during my pregnancy, became diet-controlled T2 about a year after his birth, became metformin managed after that, and I was on insulin three times a day plus metformin by the time I decided to DO something about the cause (my weight/food addiction).

I add this information because I now believe that I did not have IBS-D but rather diabetes induced diarrhea. It's the body's way of coping with hypoglycemia and too much insulin --- but whatever the cause -- IBS-d or Diabetes 2, the results stand:

Long story short, I have not had diarrhea in at least 3 years now. Due to my very ketogenic diet, I tend more towards constipation -- but even that is rare now due to eating adequate amounts of fat and using Miralax prophylactically.

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

(deactivated member)
on 7/25/17 8:42 pm

Kat thank you for sharing.

seattledeb
on 7/25/17 10:39 pm

I didn't know they did WLS with people with IBS and gastritis?

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 407 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 415 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 403 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views