what was the first thing you did that you couldn't do before and were REALLY EXCITED about?

minaque2
on 8/18/17 10:00 am

What stands out in your mind as that first, OMG, I couldn't do this ever before?

Amy R.
on 8/18/17 10:04 am

I'm out a few years so I can't really remember the first thing. But I do remember being thrilled about so many things! Crossing my legs, being able to sit in a restaurant booth, playing on the floor with grandbabies, walking up stairs, not having to lean on a cart to get through the grocery store, getting out of plus size clothing.... and on and on and on!

Looking forward to following this thread and seeing what others have to add. NSV's are my favorite things ever pretty much =)

Writergurl08
on 8/18/17 12:11 pm
RNY on 02/15/18

I'm so excited to cross my legs someday

sigh

Caroljo4444
on 8/18/17 10:43 am

I took a trip with my sister after I was 4 months out and I was able to buckle the seatbelt on the plane and even pull it! I was so happy! Other things have been that I can get up off the floor or out of the bath without having to roll over on all fours and hoist myself out, lol! I can also see between my thighs and they don't rub together anymore, I can wear bracelets and watches that are not plus sized. I LOVE that I can shop in regular sizes and my favorite is that I am now smaller than my husband...

Carol

Banded 12/2006 - Revision to RNY 9/26/2016

HW 262 - SW 235 - CW 134

ScaleSkater
on 8/18/17 10:55 am

Finding myself going out at normal hours. Before I always picked the 10am movie or ate dinner at 4pm to avoid crowds, so I didn't have to wait in lines. Now I just go. I'm even starting to think about going on a cruise for our 30th anniversary. But i suspect the big thing will be my first plane ride in 5 years coming in December. The last one was a nightmare

HW 510 / SW 424/ GW 175 (stretch goal to get 10 under) / CW 160 (I'm near the charts ideal weight - wonder if I can stay here)

RNY November 2016

PS: L/R arm skin removal; belt panniculectomy - April, 2019

peachpie
on 8/18/17 10:58 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

Run. Never could have/would have before. Absolutely love it now.

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

minaque2
on 8/18/17 1:06 pm

I want to run!!!! I don't know if my knees will ever be able to do it though even with the excess weight gone.

NYMom222
on 8/19/17 12:59 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

I love running now too... even at 59 with arthritis. Never even considered it. Jeff Galloway app is a run/walk app where you can set your own pace.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

CarlRay
on 8/18/17 11:21 am
RNY on 02/28/17

I can't remember the "first" thing, but in the 5.5 months since surgery,some milestones are:

• going clothes shopping at "normal" stores
  • going from 4xl shirts, to size "XL" and most recently, "L"
  • sitting in the seats at a ball game with my Dad, and not crowding the armrest
  • not worrying about crushing a lawn chair at a family reunion full of great people, but some judgemental ones too.
  • Biking to work, and PASSING A CAR (that was amazing)
  • playing beach volleyball all summer, and actually being halfway decent
  • enjoying the beach with my kids
  • learning how to receive a compliment. I still suck at that but I'm improving.
  • standing on the scale without wanting to barf on it
  • walking the 11 km commute to/from work and not being sore at all, still having energy to do all the yard work, take the kids swimming and go for a walk after
  • going off of the only medication I was on (for cholesterol issues) and being declared not-risk for other medical issues that I was being monitored for (but never diagnosed)
  • completely wearing out a brand new pair of shoes
  • replacing multiple sets of thrift-store clothes already, with more to come as the sizes drop.
  • being able to say no to the foods that ruined my life with confidence and a peaceful mind.

Remember, no matter where you go.......there you are.

hollykim
on 8/18/17 12:16 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On August 18, 2017 at 5:00 PM Pacific Time, minaque2 wrote:

What stands out in your mind as that first, OMG, I couldn't do this ever before?

holding my young grandchildren on my lap and there being room for them.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 76 replies · 762 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 335 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 35 replies · 493 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 272 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 90 views
Recent Topics