Depressed anyone else?

racemomss
on 8/28/17 1:48 pm - TX
VSG on 08/29/12

I knew it going in I would be depressed coming out but dang this one i****ting me hard. I'm regretting it all even though physically I'm healing ok. But the fact is I have been afraid of the bypass all along that is why I had the sleeve 5 years ago. Now my body rebelled and surgeon said bypass was best option for all my issues. I had some pain and issues with gallbladder too so he removed that since he suggests no more abdominal surgery. I'm counting down the days to soft food comes back in my diet and think that will help. These bleak depression blues have me worried about things not even here yet. How does others handle that?

Anxious2017
on 8/28/17 1:55 pm

i am 3 weeks out. I go up and down. Its more of the cloudiness and lack of ability to focus or concentrate at my job makes me feel more depressed than anything. But I hold myself to a high standard as a boss...the introduction of normal food undoubtedly will help when you can. I think the difference in the way we get nutrition compared to the new way is a huge shock. Family support is helpful.

I wish i had a better answer for both of us. Did i see you were from Tx? Prayers for you folks

racemomss
on 8/28/17 2:01 pm - TX
VSG on 08/29/12

Thank you so much. This is brutal for sure but I'm trying to focus day by day. I am looking forward to getting back to work hopefully at 3 weeks.

Anxious2017
on 8/28/17 2:04 pm

Take it from me. Take your time. I went back half time after a week, and "full time" after 2 weeks. I set expectations that i was told it would be a month before i am any sort of "with-it"...but that is the hard part. You just don't feel like the person you were. But, you will be more like half the person you were physically which will make you even better mentally.

Hey that was pretty good! Hang in there pal!

racemomss
on 8/28/17 2:29 pm - TX
VSG on 08/29/12

Thank you! It's helping hearing your experience

Emiepie
on 8/28/17 2:49 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

I don't have much advice but wanted to tell that it will get better-hang in there. Make sure you are resting and getting your fluids in. For me, I like to binge watch something (Gilmore Girls, Dr. Phil or something like that), read or crochet-anything to keep my mind busy. Best of luck to you as you continue to heal.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

(deactivated member)
on 9/2/17 7:18 am

It gets a lot easier 6-8 weeks post op as I'm sure you know having been through this before. My advice is don't cheat on your post op diet if you can help it walk walk walk every fifteen minutes for five or ten until you have to rest . Healing right is the most important thing and this was major surgery.

I did go back to work early was really out of it and regret it now .

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 42 replies · 328 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 377 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 469 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 383 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 42 replies · 328 views