Iron

browneyes65
on 9/26/17 11:28 am - IN

Since they stopped selling Sundown Perfect Iron which I took 4 a day, I called my Bariatric Nutritionist and she said she would suggest me order Ferrasol but I'm not ordering I'm looking for something to buy at store that does not cost alot and has a good quanity. I'm thinking I took 100mg a day with Sundown because I took 4 and says 50mg serving size 2 Carbonyl. I have to take something different with Sundown I had 200 count so it lasted almost 2 months. I was thinking of trying Ferosol, ferrous Sulfate 120 count high potentcy 1 caplet has 65mg Iron so I have to figure out how many to take equivalent to 4 Sundown. I'm still thinking, I have heard some people have good results on Ferosol. Whatever I try I want bottle to last a least 2 months. Do you have any ideas I go to have labs done in 3 months to check Iron and Ferritin , as I said before my Bariatric Nut says my Feritin was 161 to high she told me to cut back on Iron but not sure I will because I heard that number is fine on here. Thanks everyone

Daisydoo02
on 9/26/17 12:25 pm - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

For a menstruating woman a Ferritin of 161 is perfect in my opinion for a post bariatric patient. Most Nuts and NPs are basing "normal" ferritin levels on non bariatric patients so if you menstruate keep it at 161. Do not cut back on your iron it will start to drop and before you know it you will be in critical territory.

I can't comment on the Sundown/ferrasol, I don't absorb iron orally so I use the PatchMD Iron patch and I had to have 4 iron infusions since June 2016 to get my ferritin to where yours is now, it had dropped to a 4. If I was to use an oral iron I would use Proferrin a heme iron.

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

browneyes65
on 9/28/17 12:19 pm - IN

I don't mentsturate anymore , that has been gone after surgery 3 years ago. This is my number now on Perfect Iron. I wonder if having a higher Ferritin number is good, higher than 161 ?

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 474 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 433 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 433 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 365 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 103 views
Forum Search Error & 404