I'm not perfect...

okgal50
on 9/29/17 1:17 pm

This is a life long journey. Before surgery and after. I fell off the wagon. 15 months post surgery and sugar found its way back into my life big time this summer. I had such great success from my RNY and lost 80 pounds, but 100 was my goal. I am going to get back on track and kick sugar again. I'm like an alcoholic when it comes to sugar. It wins every time.

My question is, is getting back on track possible and further loss possible or am I going to start cycling again? Gain loss gain loss etc etc.

H.A.L.A B.
on 9/29/17 2:25 pm

The cycle is normal. In normal people is normal. 5-10 lbs is normal.

i am at goal and below but I have a 5 lbs window . i can "gain"or "lose" 3-4 lbs in any 24 -48 hours. Salty foods, constipation, runs, etc.. more or less carbs. as long as my weight in within my window and the average over a week or 2 is stable - I am good. right now I am 5 lbs below where I want my body to be. I got sick and lost that. I don't want t eat junk food, so eating healthy - it may take me a month or 2 to gain some.

but if I do gain more during vacation - or holidays or medication (retaining water) - I trim what an dhow much I eat to lose it. Just as my skinny friends do.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 9/29/17 3:14 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Absolutely possible. You still have the same tool you started with, and as long as you follow the rules you adhered to immediately post-op, you can lose the weight.

Ditch the carbs completely. Focus on protein first and foremost, 60 - 80g per day or more.

Log EVERYTHING that goes in your mouth. Tastes, nibbles, ketchup, coffee creamer, EVERYTHING.

As you've mentioned, this is a lifelong battle and we need to keep fighting every day to keep that cycle at bay.

You can do it!

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

okgal50
on 9/29/17 9:26 pm
  • Yes I forgot the rules! And needed someone to remind me! Back to basics. Record, protein first, limit carbs! Thank you! I can do it and just needed to read it again. I've read it so many times on here but obviously needed to see it again! Thank you! ð?¤--
seattledeb
on 9/29/17 10:59 pm

Also the daily menu thread is helpful. You can read how others are eating a different phases.

This is a forever thing. No one is perfect. It's everyday choosing to put yourself first. You are worth fighting for.

The people on the menu board are planning a AMAW or a ACAW challenge soon. Those mean all meat all week and all critter all week. It's easier to do ACAW but the beautiful thing is you just detox from all the carbs and start really feeling the fullness that protein can bring to your pouch.

okgal50
on 9/30/17 8:16 am

Are there some suggestions and menus for it? How will it be post d so I can follow? I think this is exactly what I need! Can you do all protein instead of all meat?

seattledeb
on 9/30/17 11:53 pm, edited 9/30/17 4:54 pm

I hope your question was answered below.

It's a way to get back to the very basics. Eating protein first is changed this week or 5 days to only eating protein. It's an amazing thing to see how much those wonderful delicious carbs are back in your diet. For me it's toast. If I eat toast, I will not lose weight. I will gain it.

Stick around. You got forever to lose it but it's easier the first couple of years.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 9/30/17 4:54 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Yes, AMAW/CAMAW is coming the week of October 17! Teena D and I are coordinating it (she is posting and I am tracking on a spreadsheet).

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

okgal50
on 9/30/17 8:18 am

Where will it be posted so I can follow? Sounds fun! If I need to smarten up it would be great to have fun doing it! And feel support too!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 9/30/17 12:23 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Teena will put something up the week before. Here is the heads-up posting (with advance information):

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/rny/6026047/Meat-Week-is-C OMING/

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 76 replies · 772 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 384 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 35 replies · 502 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 32 replies · 240 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 277 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?