One week post-op. When will I start losing the weight?

ladylost2
on 10/8/17 6:54 pm
RNY on 10/02/17

I am now 7 days post-op. I am doing great with the pain, getting all my fluids every day and walking. But I have not lost a single pound! I was up 3 pounds at my post-op appintment. Ugg. When will the weight loss start?

I did lose 14 pounds on my two week pre-op diet, but I am getting worried.

peachpie
on 10/8/17 7:03 pm - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

You will lose. That's certain. You always gain first from hospital fluids. I chose not to weigh until my first follow up at the surgeon to not get discouraged.

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

seattledeb
on 10/8/17 7:12 pm

You will lose more weight this year than you ever have or will in your life.

MsMedusa
on 10/8/17 10:30 pm
RNY on 10/10/17

Don't get discouraged! I know a few people who have had the surgery and they didn't weigh themselves until a month after because of all the changes your body is going through. If you are doing everything that you have been asked to, trust the experts. The weight will come off. Just give yourself some time.

Consultation: Nov 30 2016 Weight:296 Boost Sept 26 2017:2wk started at 273 ended at 257. Surgery date: Oct 10 2017

Eggface
on 10/9/17 1:07 pm - Sunny Southern, CA

You will lose weight, have no fear.

Everyone loses at a different rate... some will lose slow and steady, some in bursts, some super fast then slow. Best advise I can offer is to concentrate on all the lifestyle changes: getting fluids, protein, when you are eating again healthy choices, moving your body each day, working on any emotional/above the neck stuff. Those changes and making them a true part of your life will help you in the long haul. Weigh once a week, most weeks you will be happy... daily changes (poop, sodium, water retention, time of month, different scales) will drive you batty.

Best wishes!!

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 10/9/17 5:54 pm - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

Delay weighing in, it will be a good exercise in self-control, until you go back to your dr. Focus on what you can control =being 100 compliant to your post op diet and exercise directions. You cannot control,in the short term, what your body will do with water retention, etc., so if the up and downs on the scale drive you crazy - then weigh in monthly at first and then when you get further out from surgery, once a week.

good luck

Sharon

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 539 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 525 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 413 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 277 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?