Struggling

Cosmos2112
on 10/17/17 4:59 pm

I ate the fish. Thursday night my aunt made chicken. Friday I had grilled chicken salad. I ate what I could.

RNY 12/22/2016. HW 228. SW 224. CW 122

Dr. Aviv Ben-Meir. Lake West Medical Center, Willoughby OH

aesposito
on 10/17/17 5:20 pm

The last time I sat Shiva, my overriding memory is blintzes and bagels. I can only imagine your stress level right now.

I can only say that the deli tray is not totally evil... cold cuts, cheese, mustard, lox, pickles, etc are pretty high protein, high fat and/or low-carb.

And I am so sorry for your loss... may G-d comfort you among the mourners of Zion and Jerusalem....

Audrey

Highest weight: 340
Surgery weight: 313
Surgery date: 10/24/11
Current weight 170... 170 pounds lost!!!!

I am not a doctor, but I play one at work.

Cosmos2112
on 10/17/17 5:39 pm

Thank you Audrey. The Shiva trays and all the bread products. Bagels galore. And challah; my favorite. Rye bread with seeds. My cousin wanted chocolate covered pretzels. I've never seen so many varieties of pastries. I stayed strong. My brother did the usual teasing about my weight. He hasn't seen me in a very long time. A few people didn't even knew who I was, they were expecting someone much larger.

I really miss my Dad and I just want to stay h9mebut 8 need to go back to work. I have a planned day off Friday and will go and help my mom and getting my hair done on Saturday.

When I get stressed out instead of eating, I do retail therapy. Bought a new Cavs logo hoodie today. They didn't have a small but the medium fit nice especially at the shoulders.

My Dad would approve.

aesposito
on 10/17/17 5:47 pm

Yes he would. Hoodies are the best. Instead of using them to camouflage our flaws now, we use them to stay warm like all the other "normal" people. Except I would want you to get the Bulls, not the Cavs... but I will forgive you...

Audrey

Highest weight: 340
Surgery weight: 313
Surgery date: 10/24/11
Current weight 170... 170 pounds lost!!!!

I am not a doctor, but I play one at work.

Cosmos2112
on 10/17/17 6:05 pm

It's kind of weird but when I was fat I was always cold. Now I'm thin and always cold. I had fun shopping the last month for winter clothes. In northeastern Ohio it gets cold here. Lake effect snow.

H.A.L.A B.
on 10/17/17 7:53 pm

During really stressful time when I can't eat a lot, I chose soups, low starchy soups. I make batches of Chichen Soto weith veggies and either freeze in portions of can them in jars. Normally soups are not recommended post op RNY , but with days that any dense food is just to much, soups are great. Homemade egg drop soup is easy, and it can provide up to 20 gr of protein in easy to digest form: heat up stock, mix 2-3 eggs, pour in boiling stock, take off the heat the moment it start boiling again. You can add some chopped dill, or other herbs... Salt and pepper is all it often needed.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Cosmos2112
on 10/18/17 8:51 am

I've done the egg drop soup many times. I put some low salt soy sauce and it's good. Thanks for your wishes.

Au_Contraire
on 10/17/17 8:55 pm

I'm so sorry for your loss! I wish you could take more time off, too.

(deactivated member)
on 10/18/17 6:54 am

I am sorry you are going through this. I am sure it is not easy. We all went to comfort when life happens.

When you can't eat a lot of times make sure you are drinking enough so you don't get dehydrated. Maybe freeze some protein shakes to help.

Or with sugar free puddings add some protein powder.

Sorry I wish I had more advise to help you.

Your mother knows you would be there if you could.

Cosmos2112
on 10/18/17 8:53 am

I'm drinking water as I write this. Thank you for your thoughts.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 533 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 516 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 397 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 252 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?