What's on your Thursday menu RNYers?

Meggles07
on 11/9/17 5:13 am - Canada

Good morning :)

They are calling for a snow storm here this afternoon. I don't have snow tires for our new van yet. We have the appointment booked for next next weekend lol. I've had a rough couple days at work but my boss called me into her office yesterday and offered me a better contract and extension which will increase my pay because I will be a direct employee instead of 3rd party. So that should perk me up for a few days ;)

QOTD: I think I'm a horrible gift picker. I'm excited for DH this year because I got him a totally impractical gift that is just for fun. I tend to give gift cards or food to most people so they don't get stuff or knickknacks. I did a major clean-out of our stuff so I don't want more either.

Post-op two years, eight months.

Breakfast - protein bar (need groceries)

Snack - sausage, yogurt

Lunch - pulled pork

Snack - egg

Snack - Pepperoni and cheese

Dinner - probably pork roast. It was huge.

Snack - protein shake if needed

All water and vits.

pammieanne
on 11/9/17 5:57 am - OK
RNY on 05/16/16

Morning Menu Peeps!

I had a good night. Taking care of my friend's cat while she is out of town, and it's breaking my heart. This poor girl is 19yo and in renal failure. My friend can't stand the idea of her dying and is now giving this poor girl fluids intravenously daily to keep her alive. She is nothing but a bag of bones now, deaf, and going blind. I hadn't seen her in about 2 months and I was shocked. I'm so afraid that she's going to die on my watch, I actually had to have a hard conversation with my friend about that in case it happens, and what to do. Just let Monday get here and let this poor old kitty still be alive!

QOTD: My dad is near impossible to buy for, as he is lucky enough to just have everything he wants. However, about 3 years ago I sent him a container of this beef jerky locally made here in Oklahoma and he LOVES it! It's now something I 'have' to send about once a month to him, and he truly loves it. He won't buy beef jerky anywhere else (and I joke that I am now paying him back for all of the 'loans' he sent to me in the past, one container of beef jerky at a time!)

Accountability: Another good day! I did have a handful of Hunter mix when I got home, but that's almost planned while it's in the house, a given. Which is why I don't always have it in the house! LOL

Weight this morning 136.6/ maintenance/ almost 18 mo out

B: brisket/egg/cheese/salsa scramble bowl 4 ounces

L: The last 'freezer treat' I have in the fridge... manwhich made with chopped beef 3.5 ounces and a couple of T of cottage cheese

S: I have pepperoni/Canadian bacon and cheese sticks in the fridge if/when I need them

D: Up in the air. Last night I ended up grilling pork chops and had some green beans and cottage cheese with it. Might be a repeat

Height 5'5" HW 260 SW 251 CW 141.6 (2/27/18)

RNY 5-16-16 Pre-Op 9lbs, M1-18.5lbs, M2-18.1lbs, M3-14.8lbs, M4-10.4lbs, M5-9.2lbs, M6-7lbs, M7-6.2lbs, M8-8.8lbs,M9-7.8lbs, M10-1 lb, M11-.6lbs, M12-4.4lbs

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 11/9/17 8:32 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

This poor kitty needs to be allowed to go in peace. So sad for the loving owner, but really best for the kitty.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

pammieanne
on 11/9/17 12:49 pm - OK
RNY on 05/16/16

Totally agree... I even gently tried to suggest that, but she just doesn't want to hear it. Sigh.

Height 5'5" HW 260 SW 251 CW 141.6 (2/27/18)

RNY 5-16-16 Pre-Op 9lbs, M1-18.5lbs, M2-18.1lbs, M3-14.8lbs, M4-10.4lbs, M5-9.2lbs, M6-7lbs, M7-6.2lbs, M8-8.8lbs,M9-7.8lbs, M10-1 lb, M11-.6lbs, M12-4.4lbs

Kakesie
on 11/9/17 8:46 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Good luck taking care of that poor kitty, Pammieanne! I agree with Liz, her owner needs to let the poor baby go.

Emiepie
on 11/9/17 8:51 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Poor kitty.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Au_Contraire
on 11/9/17 11:27 am

Poor little kitty! Hang in there, Pammieanne!

Emiepie
on 11/9/17 6:18 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! It is Friday-eve for sure. Sounds like you did have a very busy day and the restaurant sounds amazing. I had a rough night with Em, just teenage/mom disagreements-someone please tell me it gets better?!? Some days I feel like "I've got this" like one day last week she was having me sit on the floor by her dresser while she was on Facetime with a boy (eeekkkk!) just so I could help her with some work tracks while she was talking to him (she would glance down at me and read my lips or pause the stream real quick-lol) and then there are nights like last night where she wanted to argue everything from something as simple as picking her snack and bringing in the trash can-total eye rolls, huffing and puffing and all that "fun". We did end talking after we both cooled down but I am telling ya-this is hard stuff.

QOTD: A few years a go a for a coworkers birthday gift we pitched in and got her some sessions with her personal trainer. She loved it since she was enjoying the sessions but was struggling justifying the cost.

Accountability: Well I tried to eat some of the evening stress away (see above) and of course it didn't work (I just beat myself up after) but I ate a handful of nuts, a pack of the protein cake bites, a banana and a piece of the low-carb German cake I made last week that I had put some pieces of in the freezer. A reminder that I will forever be a work in progress.

Time since surgery: 3 years 2 months

B: SF latte, eggbeaters with roasted red pepper, ½ an orange and 2 turkey sausage links

L: Spaghetti squash casserole and baby carrots

S: Pork rinds, Carbmaster yogurt, string cheese, mixed nuts and a SF popsicle when I get home

D: Albacore tuna melt (1/2 low carb pita) and edamame

ES: Homemade Greek yogurt with canned pumpkin and ¼ cup fiber cereal

E: Ran 6 miles this morning and 40 mins of elliptical at lunch

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1169 Protein:121 Carbs:83 Fat:48

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

karenp8
on 11/9/17 6:38 am - Brighton, IL

We're all works in progress! You aren't alone there.

Emiepie
on 11/9/17 6:45 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 525 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 452 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 325 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 324 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 3 replies · 14 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?