What's on your Wednesday menu RNYers?

MsTwinkles
on 12/27/17 9:10 am
RNY on 01/16/17

Hello All,

I don't make New Year's resolutions, however, one of my life style changes this coming year is to hold myself to a higher level of accountability regarding my health.

QOTD: Years ago, hubs and I would go out and "paint the town" on NYE ... Fancy dinner, dancing into the wee hours, etc. This year our (nearly) grown teen daughter is spending the night at a friends house. DH and I are planning on a surf and turf dinner at home and will probably go to bed fairly early.

There are many displays of fireworks in our area and the noise puts one of our dogs into an absolute panic. We don't want her to be distraught so we swaddle her in a ThunderShirt and give her some herbal doggie calming pills. Poor baby still cowers between us and trembles.

Menu:

B: Cottage cheese

L: Ham and cheese roll up, hand full of red grapes

D: Leftover Crack Chicken, steamed zucchini

Snack: Walnuts

Kathy1212
on 12/27/17 9:34 am

Hi menu friends,

Hope you all had a nice holiday!

I allowed myself 3 days of extra carbs and am back on track today (well, that's the plan, lol).

QOTD: I don't have any plans but I'm a night owl and always stay up to greet the next day, lol, so for sure I will be staying up.

Accountability: I had my first (small) piece of pizza on Christmas Eve and it was sooooo good. I had sugar free cookies on Christmas Day, roasted peanuts and sugar free cheese cake yesterday. All planned and not impulse but I still feel bad about it and am glad to be back on track again.

Breakfast: 2 cups decaf with 1/4 cup vanilla premier protein in each. 1 babybel cheese, 1 clementine orange.

Lunch: Turkey soup.

Supper: Turkey, turnips.

Snack: either Greek yogurt with blueberries or a pepperette with a cheese string; not sure yet.

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

1st Day of (3 weeks worth of) Optifast: Jan. 11, 2017

Surgery Date: Feb. 1st, 2017

Kathy  

Au_Contraire
on 12/27/17 11:26 am

Hi everyone, happy December 27!

I bought a heater online last night - the heater in my house is finicky and annoying, and there are times when it is really cold and it just won't comply. Then it roasts us. Mostly it is fine, but it does have an attitude that it's not here to serve! Anyway, I bought an electric heater online, not for me, but for my poor little kitties! They are so petite, only 6.5 pounds each, and here in CA as soon as the sun starts to curve downwards, the temperature drops. That's when they run to me and both try to snuggle in my lap - I'm warm, you see! Anyway, I thought for those times when the heater in my house is being noncompliant and huffy, that this one would take care of the cats.

I have a boatload of new orders to get out - thank you, all good powers that be! But it's a lot of focus and work.

QOTD: I have no plans for New Year's Eve, but will watch the ball drop. It is weird living on the West Coast after having lived on the East Coast for the better part of my life - the year officially turns here 3 hours after the ball drops in Times Square. That just feels odd! My neighborhood gets noisy too - pots and pans are drummed and firecrackers are ignited! That part I kind of like. This year I really do have some resolutions, changes, that I actually want to implement. I want to be more organized, I want to be more diligent about my business, and I want to make sure my house is always ready to receive visitors. Also, I want to increase my socialization, and hang out more with other people. I need to make some new friends and actually do things with them.

First: tea with cashew milk. Vanilla protein drink.

B: turkey and a little mustard

L: roast beef, green beans

D: probably more roast beef. With a little cheddar.

I still feel like it's Christmas! I love this week.

Have a wonderful day, my fellow RnYers!

kairosgrammy
on 12/27/17 1:04 pm
RNY on 10/17/17

Well, for breakfast I had an egg and cheese omelet (think it was about 85 calories)

For lunch, I had a cappuccino smoothie which is about 250 calories (37 grams of protein & 12 - 15 grams of added fiber.

Supper will be crawfish, roasted green beans and zoodles, I think. I haven't had crawfish (this is already cooked, shelled etc.) for a long, long time and so I don't know if I still like crawfish. If I don't like the crawfish, I'll have tilapia.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 419 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 374 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 422 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 408 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 101 views
Recent Topics