What's on your Saturday Menu RNY'ers?

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 12/30/17 5:19 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I'm not doing the cleaning here that is really needed because there will be guys who aren't super neat living here for the next few months (its the excuse I'm using anyway). Boy, will I need to deep clean and organize when we return in late April!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Kakesie
on 12/30/17 4:57 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Good Morning Peach and Menu Family! Thank you for starting us off, Peach!

I have to go to a funeral today. My sister-in-law's sister's husband fell down their stair**** his head on a tool box and was declared brain dead. Fortunately he was an organ donor so some good will come of this tragic accident.

QOTD: I am going to a Game Night at a friend's church for New Year's Eve. I don't know if we will stay all the way until midnight or not. The HIGH tomorrow is only supposed to be -4 below zero! Brrr!

Accountability: Yesterday: Protein - 83, Calories - 1,211, Carbs - 106.

B: prosciutto & mozzarella sticks, light & fit Greek yogurt

L: cauliflower crust pizza

D: cheesy chicken

S: prosciutto & mozzarella sticks, light & fit Greek yogurt, sugar-free pumpkin pie with cool whip

E: too cold to walk, I may go to the mall or Walmart and walk.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

~ Karen

Librarian67
on 12/30/17 5:01 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Sounds like it is too cold for Blossom. Hope she doesn't get too antsy. Stay warm though.

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

Kakesie
on 12/30/17 6:03 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Blossom lies down in the snow. She loves the cold, but it's WAY too cold for ME! And yes, she is very antsy and has been chewing up things around the house. Naughty girl!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 12/30/17 5:22 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

The cold is tough to deal with! I applaud you if you can make it to midnight (DH and I run out of steam between 9 and 10 usually).

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Kakesie
on 12/30/17 6:06 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Don't applaud me yet, Liz, I might not make it until midnight! I'm also taking my friend and her 92 year old mother to game night so I have a feeling the 92-year old mother will probably want to leave before midnight, although she's a spry little lady with more energy than I have so she might surprise me!

Au_Contraire
on 12/30/17 5:55 am

Sounds like a very sad day - but what a gift organ donors give

Stay warm Karen! Sounds positively polar! Layers! Down! Even fur!

Kakesie
on 12/30/17 6:09 am
RNY on 02/19/16

I got a goose down coat on our local dollar auction site for only $1, Cara! I can't believe I got so lucky! I've been wearing that! Definitely NO fur unless it's faux fur. I get so much colder now that I don't have all the padding of fat on me!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 12/30/17 5:28 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good morning Peach! I don't think I could do your treat plan unless I kept anything remotely like a trigger food off. I have 1-2 snacks every day that are "treats" for me though, so maybe it is similar?

QOTD: No real traditions. DH and I did first night in Boston when we were dating 40 years ago, then we did first night in Worcester MA when the kids were young. We have hosted a couple of parties in the past or gone to them, and we have also gone to events at restaurants a couple of times. AND we have stayed home and had a good meal. This year we are going out to a really nice restaurant with friends and family, then desserts afterwards at our friends home.

1 year, 9 months post-op

B: eggbeaters, cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: Deli turkey and cheese

D: ? - maybe shrimp? (at SIL's for a "****tail" party but it will probably be my dinner)

S: ? (SIL party again)

MsTwinkles
on 12/30/17 5:36 am
RNY on 01/16/17

Good Morning Fellow Menu Folks,

It's cold here today in coastal Virginia, however, we haven't had any snow yet this year. I got a new pair of really cute snow boots for Christmas and am anxiously awaiting an opportunity to wear them! Late January and all of February seem to be our snowy/icy time of year.

I haven't been too tempted by treats this Christmas because we haven't had much in the house. DH and DD made a small batch of unfrosted Christmas cookies and they ate them all within 48 hours. DD and her boyfriend decorated a gingerbread house and it sat on the kitchen counter for a or so when we noticed that the gum drops and candies were disappearing. Turns out that our miniature dachshund found a way to jump from the back of the couch onto a bar stool and up onto the countertop ... the jig was up when I spotted candy sprinkles stuck in his fur.

QTOD: This has been a year of change and transition for me. Holidays used to center around food and drinking too much wine ... am trying to be mindful and very present in each moment. My parents are elderly and in frail health and I realize I won't have too many more holidays with them in the future. Since I am southern, we will eat black eyed peas (cooked with ham) for good luck on New Years day. No cornbread this year (too many carbs) and no collards (can't stand them)!

Menu:

B: Cottage cheese

L: Cheese omlette

D: Grilled chicken, spinach salad

S: Apple slices

Have a great Saturday!

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 473 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?