What's on your WEDNESDAY menu RNYers?

Patty R.
on 1/3/18 8:30 am - Harrisville, RI
RNY on 09/08/16

Wow, here I am day 2 of a re-boot and I'm ???

Got a packet of legal stuff in the mail and I'm working on completing it and getting it in the mail before the storm.

Yesterday I found some pretzels-- Adjusted my menu but protein lower than I like

Today I haven't a clue, will try to update later.

Kathy1212
on 1/3/18 8:32 am

Hello!

We've got a break from our cold snap, only -11 today, which is warm for our area. Tomorrow it's back down to -25, -35 with the wind chill. Not fun.

QOTD: When I was little, we didn't have snow days. On really bad days the grade 8 kids would have to pick the kindergarten kids up and take them home again, making sure to hold hands the whole way. I remember the boy who used to pick me up in kindergarten, and then I remember the little girl I used to walk home when I was in 8th grade. High school was a different story because I went to an all girls Catholic high school and had to take the bus, so on snowy days we'd listen to the radio and wait with fingers crossed to see if the busses were running. It always seemed like the public school kids got way more bus cancellations than we did, but on the rare occasion when the busses stopped running, it was wonderful! I only remembering it happening twice though. If we had snow days here in the North, nobody would ever get to school as we usually get 5-8 feet of snow every winter. My high school itself never closed because the nuns who ran the place lived in the convent attached to the school and were always there, so neighbourhood kids still had to go in or get marked absent, lol. I transferred to a public school in 12th grade and couldn't believe how different it was, and not just because of the boys, lol. It was like suddenly entering modern times, lol.

Menu:

Breakfast: 2 cups of decaf with 1/4 cup premier protein in each, string cheese, clementine

Lunch: Chicken

Supper: 1 small piece of thin crust pizza (party tonight)

Snack: Pepperette, clementine

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

1st Day of (3 weeks worth of) Optifast: Jan. 11, 2017

Surgery Date: Feb. 1st, 2017

Kathy  

Rosemi
on 1/3/18 8:51 am

Yep... those city buses may have changed to 'snow routes' but they always seemed to make it....I'd have to go downtown Seattle first and then transfer to the 'hill' bus...still snow memories...thanks for reminding me!

stacyrg
on 1/3/18 9:14 am
VSG on 05/12/14

Good morning. Sending you all warm thoughts from not so sunny So. Cal. it was in the 40s when I left for work which, I know, to you guys must feel like a heat wave.

Accountability: I ate a handful of almonds before the gym. Yesterday was a hungry day. I hate days like that. Hoping today is different.

JBQOTD: I have never has a single snow day. I remember a few excessive heat days growing up. They would shut down the schools after 1/2 day and send everyone home. This was in the days before all the schools had central air conditioning and those rooms got HOT

My plan:

B: Bacon

L: either chicken thigh or leftover steak

D: lox, eggs and onions. We ended up making steak last night.

S: whatever I don't have for lunch and likely a kind bar between classes at the gym. I also made a plain latte with fairlife milk so we'll see if it triggers a BS low.

E: spin and TRX

ks76
on 1/3/18 10:51 am, edited 1/3/18 3:01 am
RNY on 11/29/17

Afternoon!

QOTD: Not many snow day memories. My dad was in the Navy. We lived most of my life in Florida and Virginia. Spent 3 years in Chicago and I remember building these massive forts on my back steps with my brother, and my dad grilling ribs and chicken in 12 feet of snow and everyone laughing at how crazy he was. But my family is from Michigan so he was used to it.

I noticed over the weekend eating is becoming more ?comfortable? I guess you?d say, so that?s a plus

Breakfast: scrambled egg

snack: pickle wraps

lunch: premier protein drink

dinner: not sure yet I'm making the family baked homemade fries and burgers, but I can't have beef yet so not sure what my protein will be

hope everyone is doing great today!

seattledeb
on 1/3/18 2:23 pm

I'm eating roast beef,eggs,yogurt.and something the Mrs. will bring home. I'm drinking like it's my job. Still sick but a bit better.

Not many snow days growing up. As an adult I hated snow. I had to go to work and then sometimes you had to sleep there until the next shift. I truly appreciate snow now since I just get to watch it from home.

Librarian67
on 1/3/18 2:56 pm
RNY on 02/28/17

Feel better soon and keep up the fluids!

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

Au_Contraire
on 1/3/18 2:56 pm, edited 1/3/18 6:56 am

Hi everyone! Late as usual here!

I'm sending warm thoughts to all of you enduring arctic temperatures! I confess to being a little jealous of the impending snowstorm many of you are waiting for - I love snow so much. I don't like shoveling it, and I don't like driving in it, but wow is it ever beautiful when it is falling! Please remember the birds - wild animals have such a terrible, existential challenge during bitter cold and blizzards. Please put out food for the birds, they need the calories badly.

QOTD: The street I grew up on was, for some unknown reaon, the very last street in town to be plowed. It was a hill, and during snow days, it would be closed to through traffic. We would sled for hours and hours! I can still smell my wet mittens and wet woolen scarf, half covered in tiny icicles! We'd come inside finally, cheeks blazing, half frozen. I remember my fingers being so cold that I had to put them into barely warm water to help them thaw, and tha****er felt like painful fire! But we had an incredibly fun time! I went to a boarding school for high school, so no matter how much snow we got, school was on. When my son was growing up, he had some wonderfully fun snow days, too - I miss those days so much!

First: tea with cashew milk, vanilla protein drink

B: ham with a little Snowdonia Green Thunder cheese

L: turkey

D: roast beef, green beans

Stay warm my friends!

peachpie
on 1/3/18 5:22 pm - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

Jumping on late, I wanted to answer Qotd. After skimming posts I suddenly feel deprived. On snow days we stayed in the house. Period. My parent are West Indian, the idea of paying in snow was laughable. I remember picking a sled out of a sixth grade Christmas grab bag and thinking WTF do I do with this thing. I don't even recall building a snowman-- I hated when the snow was trampled through anyway. I prefer the fresh fallen look. I'm pretty sure I spent snow days eating /sneaking food.

I DO remember listening to the radio and waiting forever for our school to be called. My son just showed me the tweet of his school closing. Tech kids!

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

cc583
on 1/3/18 7:03 pm - Middletown, CT
VSG on 09/28/16

Hi everyone,

QOTD: We did not have many snow days at all and yes I remember sitting and listening to the radio with all of the listings. LOL!

Accountability: On plan.

B: 2 eggs, turkey sausage, 1/2 slice of cheese

S:2 oz turkey breast

D: 30z pork tenderloin, 1 oz italian sausage, 1/3C broccoli rabe

Cals:540, Carbs:4, Protein:58

Enjoy your night everybody!

5'5" HW: 484, SW: 455,CW: 325

Surgeon, Darren Tishler

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 365 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?