2 week post-op update

Stitch83
on 1/4/18 6:01 am
RNY on 02/26/18

Thank you! That's a relief to know. My client visits are crazy and all over the place so I'll be in the same boat.

ks76
on 1/4/18 1:50 pm
RNY on 11/29/17

Mine also. I'm 5 weeks post op and for sure stick to it after but sometimes before I forget. I always have 2-3 different drinks at my desk, in my car, on my nightstand lol. My husband said my night stand is starting to look like our 19 year olds with all of the water cups and bottles.

peachpie
on 1/3/18 4:03 pm - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

I readily admit that I was not a militant with the carbs as most here recommend, and I probably didn't maximize my weight loss. I'm happy with where I am, as is my doctor, but so have the occasional, what if thoughts.

Avoid the what if's IMO.

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

Librarian67
on 1/3/18 4:11 pm
RNY on 02/28/17

Thanks Peach for the reminder. Everyone is different and carbs don't bother everyone the same way. For some of us, we find that carbs are a trigger for more cravings and start a slippery slope to binging and returning to the same habits that got us to surgery. OH is a great source of info and encouragement for success. Keep hanging around.

Lo82
on 1/3/18 7:34 pm
RNY on 12/19/17

Yeah. I think I'll stay away for the most part. I do have to get my protein and liquids on point. I will have the occasional 1/2 english muffin until I get through the pack I bought (6-pack). I already gave away so much food when I found out my surgery date and had to go on the pre-op diet immediately. I don't want to waste anymore. BUT I won't let an english muffin or 1/3 of banana get in the way of my weight loss goals either! I can't wait until I can work out. That will help.

Erin T.
on 1/4/18 3:12 am
VSG on 01/17/17

Throw them in the freezer and eat them when you get to goal. The sooner you introduce carbs, the sooner you're going to crave them.

I am just a newbie in the scheme of things, but I lost ~100lbs and hit goal in just under 6 months. I lost like that by having an iron will when it came to what I put in my body until I hit goal!

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

Lo82
on 1/4/18 7:13 am
RNY on 12/19/17

That's awesome! Congratulations on reaching your goal!

seattledeb
on 1/3/18 6:39 pm

I'm surprised by the rubbing alcohol on a wound that is still open. Is it open? That just sounds like it would be so painful!

I'm 9 years out and I had to really work to be able to eat toast again. I just couldn't get it down. I kept trying though and after losing nearly 200 pounds and keeping it off for a couple of years, I had major regain. The main food for me for regain was toast. I still had/have a small pouch but I could eat a piece of toasted bread with tons of butter every hour. It would not over fill my pouch and it wouldn't stick around.

For me toast is a major demon. I'm on the other side and am now losing the regain. It will probably take another year to lose. I haven't had toast since June. So when I see NUT recommended bread and toast it makes me see red. It not just your NUT but really most of them

The good news for you is that this year you will lose more weight faster than you ever have in your life. It's called the honeymoon stage. Enjoy the ride.

Lo82
on 1/3/18 7:38 pm
RNY on 12/19/17

Thanks! I have fairly aggressive (though realistic) goals for the first 6 months and then the first year total. If I need to work out 5 days a week - so shall it be! Looking forward to week 6 when I should get the go ahead for working out.

The wound isn't "open" per se. It didn't hurt when I put the rubbing alcohol on. I'm not sure why it's "gooey". I really don't think it's an infection, but I'll check on it tomorrow after my shower and will probably let it "air dry" for a while to see if that helps.

Thanks for the advice. I'll definitely keep an eye on the carbs!

babsinga
on 1/4/18 9:06 am
RNY on 07/11/17

Howdy and Welcome,

As a veteran who has had three surgeries, lapband, sleeve and bypass in the last 15 years, I would HIGHLY recommend you stay away from banana and bread until you lose all your weight. Glad you confessed on the popcorn but that is very dangerous so soon after surgery, so don't do that...:) we want you to be safe.

As a food addict struggling everyday to make good choices, I know for a fact that if you start cheating right out of the gate, its could turn into a big problem for you. The problem is that as long as you are losing weight rapidly, you think you can continue to eat these foods and lose or maintain weight. This is not true. If you could, you would not need surgery.

I do eat some carbs and it is most definitely stalling my weight loss currently. But I am 15 years into this process and you would think I would know better. Believe me when I tell you I don't. I still eat things I know I shouldn't and make excuses that it is ok because I am losing, I exercised, I only ate a little etc....

That being said, I am a revision and need to work harder than a virgin surgery. The honeymoon will be over for you and it will be harder for you to lose once the malabsorption is no longer working in your favor.

Wishing you the best of luck!!!

Babs in GA

HW 348 Revision SW 224 GW 165 CW 148

Revision from sleeve to RNY

Pre op: -5 M1-12 lbs M2 11 lb M3-5lb M4 -9lb M5 -2 M6-6 M7-7 M8 -4 M9-5 M10 -2 M11 -2

200 lbs lost and 17 pounds below goal !

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 413 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 359 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 419 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 406 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 4 replies · 18 views