Help with regular diet

Oshi
on 1/8/18 4:14 pm

Veterans out there, can you please give me some advice on what foods you found worked for you when you started on your regular diet. Tried chicken breast today and it just did not sit well. I actually was just at the Dr today and given the green light to eat normally. Thank you for your help!!

Oshi
on 1/8/18 4:17 pm

Oh and by the way lost 20lbs in the month, total loss since 5/1/17-88lbs!!

NANNY13
on 1/8/18 6:38 pm
WLS on 12/21/15

Congratulations on your giant loss! Off to a great start I see. Keep up the amaing work!

As far as what is going to sit right it is trial and error for each of us. Chicken was a hard one for me and still is but steak goes down well. And I love chicken. It sometimes makes no sense at al lbut hang in there and remember to eat slowly and turn everything to mush in your mouth before swallowing it. Gross I know but well worth not getting stuck anywhere.

Oshi
on 1/8/18 6:57 pm

Thank you so much for your input! I appreciate it. I do sometimes forget about chewing enough! Gotta work on that more!

The Salty Hag
on 1/8/18 7:26 pm
RNY on 05/20/13

I would try boneless skinless chicken thighs as opposed to chicken breasts. Chicken breasts are so easy to overcook. I tend to braise my meats quite often ( I use chicken stock and different flavor profiles) during the week. Braising helps keep meat moist enough to chew easily. I then reduce down the braising liquid for a pan sauce.

Hard boiled eggs, cheeses, pepperoni, even lunch meat like ham, turkey, or chicken may work for you. I was lucky in that I could handle ground beef and even a nice tender ribeye fairly early out, but not everyone can handle those. Eggs, especially scrambled, can also be hard for us. Pork is another food that can be iffy, but I have always had good luck with pork tenderloin-again, usually braised in chicken stock.

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

CJ On Orcas
on 1/8/18 9:17 pm
RNY on 09/09/16

Always use some kind of sauce or gravy... dry meat is the absolute worst. Every time I tried dry meat it got stuck. I could not tolerate hard boiled eggs or tuna for a long time. Chicken breast was hard for me, but a barely cooked steak was heaven. If I used some kind of sauce or gravy like bbq sauce or steak sauce, chicken was better. Just keep trying things. Some people find ham tolerable, I did not. I used yogurt, dairy, cheese for a long time. I still use protein shakes as creamer. Cottage cheese, deli meats were good for me. No raw veggies for a long while, I can only recently handle raw veggies like carrots, and only one or two. Eggface has great menu ideas ... theworldaccordingtoeggface is still bookmarked on my screen!

Writergurl08
on 1/9/18 5:56 am
RNY on 02/15/18

My husband found fish like tilapia and salmon easy, and shrimp :) but still struggles with chicken 8 months out.

HW: 340 SW: 329 Goal: 170

CW: 243

Surgeon: Dr. Kalyana Nandipati (Omaha, NE)

Oshi
on 1/9/18 6:28 am

Thank you, everyone! It definitely is gonna be a new experience with foodfor sure! Yogurt has been my best friend do far. Goes down and stays down with no problem. I found some recipes last night, so hopefully I will find foods that work for me!!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 533 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 522 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 406 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 262 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 126 views
Recent Topics